Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Palatine, IL 60067
Job Title: Precision Grinder, ID/OD/Centerless Grinder
Pay Rate: depends on experience
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift: Two shifts are available
• Independently perform manual machine set-up – small lot sizes and high variability in work orders
• Grind external and internal cylindrical tapered surfaces, centerless grinding
• Grinding positions must be able to hold .0002 tolerance on machined parts
• Read and interpret charts, drawings, and blueprints
• Conduct first piece and in process inspection
• Determine product specifications, i.e. dimensions, tolerances, etc.
• Selects, mounts, attaches and calibrates a variety of attachments and grinding machines for grinding angles, contours, lines and spheres on the surfaces.
• Uses various gauges as required
• Work in grinding coolants, cleaning fluids and oils
• Work safely with minimum supervision
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Grinding/precision grinding experience preferred
• Experience with measuring and inspection equipment is a plus
• Proficiency with GD&T is a plus