Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Danville, IL 61832
The Maintenance Supervisor will provide leadership for the maintenance team, plan maintenance projects, troubleshoot equipment issues and serve as a resource for maintenance craft employees in the Danville, IL Plant. The Supervisor will be accountable to ensure that the ongoing planning and scheduling of maintenance activities in these areas are effectively executed in a cost efficient manner. Will work closely with a Maintenance Planner to sustain these programs as well as provide day to day support in the maintenance functions.
- Implement preventive and predictive maintenance procedures on key
processing and/or packaging equipment.
- Work with plant teams and maintenance personnel in identifying work in the
- Oversee the completion of identified work including ordering of parts and
planning the execution of this work.
- Coach and develop area maintenance and other personnel in
preventive/predictive maintenance principles and concepts.
- Effectively administer the labor contract for craft employees.
- Maintain shop equipment and area in a 5S manner.
- Develop, maintain and administer safety programs.
- Investigate and assign resources to maintenance needs as required to
- Ensure work is completed in a satisfactory manner and ensure cost
effective employee performance in the work completed.
- Develop and maintain adherence to the operating units’ maintenance
- Maintain the Computerized Maintenance Management System data base (CMMS).
- Effectively execute activities that provide improvement in Key Process
- Provide maintenance-related information and reports as required to help
manage the business units in the most effective manner possible
- Learn and utilize the principles of Total Productive Manufacturing, (TPM)
including the accountability for failure and countermeasure activity as
defined by the plant. Focused Improvement and Preventative Maintenance
pillar activity will be required