National Admissions Advisor - AIU Online (Schaumburg)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
This is a full time position that will be based in Schaumburg, IL.
We are seeking candidates for both entry level positions as well as those with Admissions or strong sales or customer service experience! Full benefits for this full time role! Health, dental and 401k with matching!
The National Admissions Advisor, entry-point position, will interface with prospective students in support of their decision to attend/select school. In addition to communicating the philosophy and features of the school and serving as an advocate for prospective students, a National Admissions Advisor must meet the school’s quantitative and qualitative goals and objectives, as established, in an accurate, professional, and compliant/ethical manner using school-approved admissions processes and procedures.
- Responsible for developing, managing and meeting action plans in order to obtain personal and departmental student population objectives
- Evaluate monthly activity against standards and personal inquiry goals
- Professionally assists prospective students through the admissions process in accordance with all applicable federal and state regulations, school policies and procedures, and in compliance with all accrediting standards and requirements.
- Conduct telephone interviews and e-mail correspondence to identify student prospects to determine their educational needs, concerns and interests.
- Develop a rapport with prospective students and maintain contact with them frequently.
- Partners with departments outside of Admissions including Financial Aid, and Academics to ensure the delivery of a high level of service to every student including degree programs.
- Consistently operates within, and is measured with respect to, the school’s expected behaviors: Execution, Communication/Feedback and Professionalism.
- Ensure compliance with applicable University policies and procedures.
/Other Duties as Assigned or Requested/
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain flexible and easily adapt to changes in work environment or schedule.
- Advisors provide a positive, professional impression for students and staff on the phone and via email.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines as well as communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to achieve success individually and as part of a team in a highly structured and regulated work environment
- Basic computer skills – experience with Microsoft (WORD, Excel, Outlook) preferred
- Possesses excellent verbal communication skills, particularly telephonic – and good written communication skills
- Persistence combined with a positive attitude and approach to work and others – self-motivating work style
- Mature, positive and collaborative interpersonal skills
- Learns to effectively utilize all applicable school systems, databases and tools effectively.
- Entry point position with the ability to grow within the organization.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or its equivalent required
- Entry level experience in sales and/or customer service
Preferred Education and Experience
- College degree from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or international equivalent)
- 1-2 years’ experience in sales and/or customer service
- Post-secondary Higher Education admissions experience
Title: National Admissions Advisor – AIU Online (Schaumburg)
Requisition ID: AIU00000H