Postdoctoral Appointment - Institute for Molecular Engineeri
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lemont, IL 60439
Postdoctoral Appointment \- Institute for Molecular Engineering, EFRC Quantum Project
Requisition Number: 404873 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: MSD\-Materials Science Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level \(Grade\): 700 Shift: 8:30 \- 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
This position involves support of research activities in the field of computational materials science at the Institute for Molecular Science in the Materials Science Division at Argonne National Laboratory and within the context of an EFRC on quantum information science in collaboration with LBL\.
The candidate will be responsible for simulations of materials for quantum information science and will work closely with experimental groups at Argonne National Laboratory and at the University of Chicago\.
We expect you to have:
• Doctorate degree in physics, chemistry, physical chemistry or related disciplines and experience in the area of quantum simulations of complex materials\.
• Skills and knowledge of density functional, many body perturbation theory, quantum chemistry and of high performance computer simulation codes\.
• Background and experience in carrying out large scale first principles molecular dynamics simulations and computational spectroscopy calculations\.
• Experience with advanced data analysis in collaboration with experimentalists\.
• Excellent problem solving skills and communication skills, both oral and written, and critical thinking
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation\. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment\. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486\.1\. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department\.