Field Service Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60664
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
We are looking for great talent, for*future*opportunities. This is an evergreen / pipeline position, to help us proactively identify potential candidates for future openings.
OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE UNITED STATES.
Including but not limited to:
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, CA
Beckman Coulter Diagnostics Field Service Engineers provide outstanding customer service to clients while installing and maintaining diagnostic instrumentation and systems in hospital and stand-alone laboratory environments. The Field Service Engineer (FSE) is the face of Beckman Coulter to customers and the support they provide directly impacts patient health and overall well-being.
The FSE provides frontline support by resolving customers’ problems and issues through technical expertise and troubleshooting. The FSE has the opportunity to drive service revenue sales targets while ensuring strong customer contract retention rate and warranty conversion rate. The FSE uses critical thinking to resolve issues within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action to rapidly repair instrumentation. FSEs provide training to our customers and verify the operational performance and data quality of systems in order to contribute to our overall team success.
Many FSEs operate independently within their geographic territory, however Beckman Coulter offers a team based environment with opportunities to benchmark, mentor and receive expert technical support. FSEs enjoy being home-based and being provided with a company car, iphone and laptop. The FSE will also have the opportunity to travel within the region to support customers using their technical expertise.
The Field Service Engineer in this position will:
- Under minimal supervision, serve as lead to assigned customers; complete troubleshooting, installation, validation, maintenance, and service repair needs on designated equipment. May assist and/or train less experienced Field Engineers
- Provide excellent and efficient customer service to Beckman Coulter’s customers, along with technical training on products
- Repair, maintain, and install product line(s).
- Complete on-time and accurate Preventative Maintenance and Field Modification Instruction as needed
- Travel throughout the district territory, experiencing all the various places our instrumentation is utilized
- Document and report all repairs and product failures
- Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner, ordering repair parts, and managing cycle times
- Help with the development of preventative maintenance procedures
- Focus on customer needs and satisfaction, while building on and enhancing the relationship with the customer to ultimately become a perceived partner in their business
- This position has a 50 pound lifting requirement. This would be to include tools, replacement parts, consumables ect.
- Maintain a Valid driver’s license that meets Beckman Coulter’s safe driver standards
- Beckman Coulter Associates who drive Beckman Coulter vehicles must comply with the Danaher Company Vehicle Policy.
- Vendor credentialing requirements include without limitation, yearly background checks, immunizations, and various trainings.
- Comply with vendor credentialing requirements is an essential function of this position.
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Instill customer satisfaction that is recognizable and valuable to the customer
- Stay compliant with the company’s standard background check, including a post-offer drug test.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-3 years’ experience with medical devices or lab instruments
- Technical degree, professional experience or military electronics experience ( adding this in as a requirement would depend on the level of the FSE – can either be listed as basic or preferred )
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years’ experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Experience interfacing with internal team members and external customers.
Qualified Veterans Welcome & Encouraged to Apply!
The following is a sample (but not exhaustive) list of the MOS, AFSC, and NEC Codes that may have transferrable skill sets that apply to this role:
711 713 2506 2584 4130 4133 4541 5899 6071 6072 7603 7607 7610 7618 13D 13M 13P 13R 13T 2T311A 2T311C 2T312A 2T312B 2T312C 2T331A 2T331C 2T332A 2T332B 2T332C 2T351 2T351A 2T351C 2T352A 2T352C 62B 63A 63D 63E 63H 63M 63N 63S 63T 63Y 88R 91A 91B 91E 91H 91L 91M 91P 91S ABE ABH AS CM EN GSM MM MM MR SB 68A68J 919A 91C 94H 94R 47D 948E 919A 948B 94W 670A 12A 919A 120A 881A 1A111 1A151 43E1A 43E1C 62E1E62E1H62E3E 4A200 4A211 4A231 4A251 4A2X1 43E3C 1P000 2A6X2 2P0X1 2P0X1 L08A 001312 003748 5799 5977 T13A T17A T18A 5904 003756 ET 8824 2805 5900 1142
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter – Diagnostics
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-Miami
Req ID: BEC010693