Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
SCHAUMBURG, IL 60173
Robert Half Finance is offering a full-time position for a skilled Staff Accountant to join their dynamic, rapidly-growing team in the Non-Profit industry. As a Staff Accountant, you will be in charge of preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. You will also be responsible for various aspects of internal reporting throughout the monthly close. You will assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will take part in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and look over schedules for the reporting processes. This position plays an intricate part in producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity in the Schaumburg, Illinois area, at a company where effort is rewarded.
- Assemble journal entries and thorough account reconciliations that include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Ad hoc reporting and performing special projects upon request
- Compose journal entries and conduct the month end close with minimal supervision
- Contribute to the implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls under SOX and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Organize and review various financial data, then report it in a manner that is useful and understandable
- Play a part in a variety of department-wide initiatives
- Prepare analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management to report on
- Handle intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
- In-depth experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Arrange schedules for capital lease and monthly payments
- Manage reconciliation, depreciation, and fixed asset ledgers
- Periodically maintain and reconcile journal entries
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Knowledge of accounts receivable
- General familiarity with month end closings
- QuickBooks experience highly desired
- Adeptness in bank reconciliations
- Proficiency in journal entries
- Demonstrated knowledge of account reconciliation
- Accounts payable experience preferred
- General ledger experience desired
- 3+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Skilled with ERP systems
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Mature organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Proven analytical skills – defining problems, collecting relevant data, drawing valid conclusions, and recommending improvement/corrective actions
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world’s leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we’ve been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: SCHAUMBURG, IL
Date Posted: September 18, 2019
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01340-0010670690
Staffing Area: Finance