Sr. Web Developer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
Computer Aid, Inc
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.
Ref No: 18-28015
Computer Aid, Inc., (CAI) an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking a Sr. Web Developer for a long-term support engagement in downtown Chicago.
The web developer provides operational support and stability to the entire systems technology stack and will be responsible for supporting and enhancing current online applications. The developer works directly with an account manager, other functional and technical consultants, client business owners, and client end-users to effectively meet application support needs. Qualified candidates will have a strong knowledge of content management platforms, and an ability to translate business needs into client-friendly functions.
Duties & responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
2. Provide operational support and stability to the entire systems technology stack;
3. Support and enhance existing applications to meet the security and functionality requirements of the business;
4. Determine reporting requirements and support reporting tiers for web applications, Oracle SQL/Servers, and MySQL data stores;
5. Support 3rd party application integrations and reverse engineer integrations as needed to ensure operational stability;
6. Perform code fixes on custom applications to ensure availability of customer facing electronic signs;
7. Document and streamline support processes;
8. Build the knowledge base by documenting application architecture, process flows, and data flows; and
9. Other duties as assigned.
Computer Aid follows a defined methodology for delivering application support services. This methodology is required for our client.
Qualifications (experience, skills and competencies)
• 10 years’ experience in web application development, testing, and support;
• Experience with four (4) or more of the following:
o Java scripting
o HTML programming
o ASP programming
o .NET programming
o Oracle databases (SQL & PL/SQL)
o Linux scripting
o Python scripting
o Android programming scripting
• Strong communication skills
• Strong complex problem solving skills
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal state and local standards.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/5bcjvhz5grzr8vcb