Research Specialist 3
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60664
- About the Unit?
- Job Information?
Help manage a 20-person research group, including manuscript editing, strategic, scientific and financial planning, and annual progress reporting. This position may be attractive for scientists who wish to stay close to the bench, but also begin to take on more scientific administrative responsibilities in a stimulating academic research environment.
- Electronically copyedit manuscripts, research proposals, figures, web pages, graphics, figures, and scientific presentations for English grammar, clarity, accuracy, and conformity to style of journal, funding agency, website, or internal university document.
- Training and overseeing the work of research support personnel.
- Manage other administrative aspects of the research projects, including supervising research support personnel, tracking project expenditures, and assisting with grant preparations.
- Responsibilities may include the following laboratory duties: independently performing complex technical duties; recognizing abnormal results and varying conditions or procedures to correct problems; monitoring and troubleshooting equipment; overseeing the ordering of supplies and maintenance of laboratory inventory and ensuring laboratory compliance with all safety requirements.
- Ability to train others required.
- Advanced knowledge in chemistry or biology required.
- Advanced knowledge of research techniques or methods required.
- Knowledge of regulatory policies and procedures required.
- Knowledge of scientific applications and equipment required.
- Analytical skills required.
- Problem-solving skills required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Organizational skills required.
- Verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Supervisory skills preferred.
- Management skills preferred.
- Additional Requirements??
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Advanced degree in chemistry or biology required.
- A minimum of two years of relevant research experience required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Strong technical skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs required.
- Experience with website design, Adobe Illustrator, and website maintenance preferred.
- Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
- Benefit Eligibility?
- Pay Frequency?
- Pay Range
Depends on Qualifications
- Scheduled Weekly Hours?
- Job is Exempt??
- Drug Test Required???
- Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job??
- Health Screen Required???
- Posting Date?
- Remove from Posting On or Before?
- Posting Statement:??
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University’s Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time