Lead Custom Cabinet Installer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Our company, Closet Factory, is the custom storage solution authority serving the Chicago land’s need for custom space organization throughout the home. We design, sell and install custom closets, home offices, garages, wall beds, pantries, bookshelves and more. Our products are of the highest quality. We are part of a nationwide network of companies leading the growing custom storage industry. We have experienced significant, long-term growth and as a result are searching for another qualified member to add to our close-knit team of Installers at our local facility.
You will organize and install complete projects from beginning to end. You will be assigned the challenging and more complex projects for our high-end discriminating clients. At times, you will be asked to supervise other Closet Factory employees. You must have a good attitude, be able to work both independently and with a team and always be aware that you are working to satisfy each client. We will provide a vehicle, some tools and a full-time schedule. You must be available to work some Saturdays.
We are currently looking to expand our Installation Crew as we continue to grow. Our installers bring custom material from our factory in Elk Grove Village directly to our client’s homes and then install according to the computer generated plans created by our Design Consultants. Our clients are the most important part of our business and must be treated respectfully at all times. Installations are typically booked no less than 4 weeks in advance, which means very steady work, however, it also means keeping to a schedule is a must. We attempt to schedule such that installers work 8-9 hours per day.
- Full-time, permanent positions* Hourly Rate with commission
- Lead Installers are eligible for a commission which significantly increases effective hourly rate to between $25 to $30 and possibly more for effective Installers.
- Year round work
- Best Training and Support in the Industry
- We have never had a lay-off in our entire history!
- We care about our employees:* Vacation plan
- Tools and installation vehicle provided
- Health Care Benifits
- STRONG WORK ETHIC AND RESPECT FOR OTHERS A MUST
- Reliable work history, attendance record and ability to pass a background check
- Ability to occasionally work late or on the weekend as needed to get the job done on schedule
- Ability to unload and carry material up to 50lbs for typically up to 2 hours a day
- Experience with hand tools, drills, screw-gun, table saw, miter saw
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Clean driving record
- Driven to complete high quality work without short-cutting quality and with minimal supervision
- Customer service experience
- Willingness to keep tools and vehicles clean, maintained and organized
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving skills
- Capability to work with a sense of urgency and accuracy at the same time
- Commitment to work safely and use required protective gear
- Ability to read elevation and plan views of drawings a plus
- Some woodworking experience or knowledge of 32-millimeter system a plus
- Cabinet construction experience a plus
- Installers arrive at 7:30 AM in Elk Grove, review plans and ask any questions about the installation.
- Installers depart our facility by 8:00 AM and drive to our client’s address using our installation vehicle.
- Installer arrives at client, introduces self, collects installation payment, and inspects installation location, making sure that all room dimensions and obstructions match up with plans.
- If there are any discrepancies, Installers work with client, Closet Factory Designer and office to determine a path forward.
- Installer then unloads product from van, which is loaded as flat pieces in the installation van and brings them to, or near, the installation area.
- Installer builds the client’s custom storage product by using the computer generated top view and elevation view plans.
- This can take as few as 4 hours, or one job may require returning for a total of five days.
- Installer cleans the product, cleans up any mess from construction and re-organizes tools into the installation van.
- Installer presents product to client, explains adjustability, answers any questions and collects final payment.
- Installer returns to Closet Factory, cleans van of any scrap material, trash or removed storage product, replenishes any hardware fittings in van and organizes all tools.
- Installer then reviews plans for next day’s install, asks any questions about install, and then while checking off parts and reviewing for quality, loads the parts into the van, securing them properly.
- Any parts that are found missing are reported to the shop and are built first thing the next morning, so that the installer can leave on time.
- Installations may use one Installer, and Installer and a Helper, or for very large jobs, may involve multiple crews.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset and will train you to excel in your position and grow within the company. A future with Closet Factory has never been brighter!