HCS Employment Tax Director
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60664
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Employment Tax Director
Grant Thornton’s responsive, partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals across the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership,taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers & acquisition tax services.
The Tax Senior Managerwill lead the employment tax segment within HCS for the Midwest Region and will focus on assisting our clients and tax/consulting professionals with a variety of issues relating to employment tax and payroll-related matters, including those arising from recent legislation and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Address, research, and consult on complex technical issues specific to employment tax,,federal and state unemployment tax, employee and tax reporting and payroll withholding/remittance requirements.
- Work closely with our Mergers & Integration Tax team on identifying risk management issues related to corporate transaction activity involving payroll taxes, employment tax reporting and remittance and related areas.
- Work closely with our Advisory Service Line on employment tax issues regarding implementing and installing payroll-related software.
- Identify risk mitigation solutions for our clients.
- Conduct payroll tax audits and reviews.
- Provide timely and creative responses to technical inquiries from operating offices, with ability to either resolve technical issues directly or engage appropriate resources from within the HCS practice.
- Facilitate and participate in firm-wide training and communications relating to employment tax consulting matters.
- Work closely with partners, managing directors, managers, and staff in an integrated approach to client service and new business development.
- Monitor technical developments and write articles for publication in the firm’s “Hot Topics” newsletter.
- Market and sell our employment tax services.
- Develop staff in order for them to concentrate their work in employment tax.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject area.
- CPA or law degree
- Minimum of ten years of experience in employee payroll, benefits and / or compensation with specific concentration in employment tax consulting.
- Superior analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of applicable software and technology.
- Business development – proven ability and desire to grow the practice.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Payroll administration/implementation experience.
- Advanced degree or professional certifications preferred.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel upon occasion.
- Position can be based in either Minneapolis or Chicago
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the U.S. and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically – whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: HCS Employment Tax Director
Requisition ID: 042538