HOME HEALTH AIDE
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bourbonnais , IL 60914
Provides personal care services under the direction of the registered Nurse or Therapist. The Home Health Aide is assigned to specific clients by the Registered Nurse/LPN or other appropriate professional and performs services for clients as necessary to maintain their personal comfort.
1. Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the therapist
A. Range of motion exercises (assist client verbally)
B. Assistance in ambulation or exercises verbally
2. PERFORMS PERSONAL CARE ACVITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
C. Skin care and nail care- NO NAIL CLIPPING
D. Oral Hygiene
H. Lifting, Moving, Ambulating, Transferring Patients of variable weight and sizes
3. Performs household services essential to health care at home. Including but not limited to meal preparation and feeding.
A. Meal preparation/Feeding
C. Light Housekeeping
4. Assists in the administration of medications that are ordinarily self-administered under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (per state nurse practice laws and Oasis Policy you cannot administer medication but you can do medication reminders and help the client open the prefilled container if needed.)
5. Reports any observed or reported changes in the client’s condition and or needs to the Registered Nurse/LPN. Follows reporting guidelines in the Care Plan.
6. Documents care provided and completes the forms required for the clients records completes the appropriate records to document care given and pertinent observations. Submits documentations per Oasis/Facility requirements.
7. Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients by observing infection control practices following OSHA/Universal Precautions and Oasis guidelines, and reporting unsafe situations to the Supervisor/Case Manager
8. Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment. Does not use equipment until orientation about its operation has been provided. Notifies Supervisor of educational needs.
9. Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team through verbal reports, participation in staff meeting, and team conferences, as requested.
10. Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job. Follows HIPAA Regulations and Guidelines.
11. Attends in-service programs to meet compliance requirements. Identifies learning needs to Oasis Supervisor. Completes online education yearly and yearly competencies.
12. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
13. Follows Oasis Policy and Procedures.