OTR Truck Driver
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
OTR TRUCK DRIVER 1
Operates a combination tractor trailer vehicle that transports cargo to and from specific destinations maintaining and following all Federal DOT and Company regulations for the Woods Equipment Brand as part of Blount’s Farm Ranch and Ag division.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Operates a tractor trailer combination vehicle that transports cargo in all 48 states and Canada
• Follows all Federal DOT and Company regulations.
• Prepares, receives and provides appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick up of goods to ensure timely service.
• Load, secures, and unloads cargo using internal crane system
• Maintains radio or telephone contact with dispatcher to receive delivery or pick up instructions or to receive notice of changes in scheduled delivery or pick up.
• Maintains hours of service logs and cargo according to Federal DOT and state regulations.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Must possess a valid CDL.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Must have at least 200,000 miles and 2+ years’ experience.
• Must have a satisfactory CSA score driving record and be able to pass DOT physical and drug screens.
• Able to complete responsibilities in a timely, professional and quality manner
• Solve problems analytically; search out relevant information and gauge its importance when making decisions
• Effective written and oral communication skills; able to express oneself clearly and in technical and non-technical terms
• Set a good example of personal integrity
• Manual Dexterity required for securing loads and slinging equipment.
• Occasionally lifts heavy objects. Some pushing and pulling to position fixtures and parts.Needs to be able to lift 75 lbs.Must be able to climb into back of trailer.
• Working Conditions inside the truck (70%) as well as outside (30%).
• Travel time is 100%.
• 100% Travel