Health Care Measure Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60664
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
Mathematica seeks a clinical quality measures professional to support measure start-up, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of clinical quality measures. This individual will assist in the entire clinical quality measure life cycle from start to finish.
- Evaluate evidence to support clinical measure focus
- Specify clinical quality measures that use health records, electronic health records, administrative or claims data, surveys or other data sources in compliance with code systems and standards required by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, and the National Quality Forum (NQF) and other required evaluation groups
- Develop test protocols under the direction of a measure lead and coordinate site visits, focus groups, and interviews
- Contribute to discussions of measures with project leadership and staff, testing sites, experts, patients and government representatives
- Draft memos that summarize work undertaken demonstrating analytical thinking (develop options and pros/cons)
- Write chapters of analytic reports and proposals for new projects related to measure development and implementation
- Monitor and report on the activities of key standards-setting committees and consensus-based organizations
- Coordinate maintenance efforts by developing quality assurance processes and working with internal teams, subcontractors, and facilitating meetings
- Document internal decision making processes
- Develop implementation materials for new measures
- Work with testing sites and Mathematica’s legal team
- Assist with the submission of measures to the NQF or other organizations
- Assist federal agencies with displaying and interpreting clinical quality data, and using measures in public reporting programs
- Interact with and recruit clinical and measurement experts for measure workgroups; liaise with experts in the measure development field
- Organize and actively participate in meetings with clients, professional organizations, technical expert panels, project managers and other contractors; foster and maintain relationships with these stakeholders through regular communication
- Master’s degree or certificate in any of the following fields: nursing, health informatics, health information management, health care management, public health, public policy, computer science, business administration, engineering, or a related field, or bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years’ experience in quality measurement, health information technology, or related field
- Ability to think critically, apply qualitative and quantitative research experience, and demonstrate familiarity with the healthcare system and/or healthcare data (clinical medical records and/or claims [Medicare, Medicaid, private health plan, etc.])
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to write clear and concise technical memos and documents within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate or work in teams that involve multiple stakeholders and manage simultaneous tasks; ability to complete tasks and oversee the work of others on tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of clinical workflows in health care settings
- Familiarity with CMS quality reporting programs, the CMS Measures Management System Blueprint and/or health information technology terminology
- Prefer experience developing or testing quality measures using qualitative and/or quantitative research methods and the ability to work with subject matter experts to develop and rigorously test clinical quality measures is preferred
- Prefer experience developing or implementing clinical quality measures for state or federal government agencies or clinical care settings or with healthcare quality measures, either as a clinician, staff member in a provider organization, a regulating entity, software vendor, or insurer is desired
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and salary history at time of application. We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA; Chicago, IL; Oakland, CA; Ann Arbor, MI
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.