Post Doctoral Research Fellow - Microbial Pathogens & Immuni
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60664
Post Doctoral Research Fellow – Microbial Pathogens & Immunity
Active Regular FT (72 to 80 hours per pay period)
At Rush University Medical Center, we are committed to advancing scientific medical knowledge through research. We are revitalizing our medical centers with an emphasis on productivity, transparency and accountability. Are you looking to be a part of the exciting, always evolving and expanding new developments in research here at Rush University Medical Center? Are you well experienced in working with a variety of group, single and industry oriented studies?
If this describes you, you may be the right candidate for the Post Doctoral Research Fellow position with the Department of Microbial Pathogens and Immunity Research .
Position Summary :
We are seeking a creative and a self-motivated post-doctoral fellow to join a multi- disciplinary laboratory at Rush University in the department of Microbial Pathogens and Immunity. The fellow will work onthe role of astrocytes in HIV reservoirs. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
Position Responsibilities :
1. Independently perform related studies
2. Solve and report scientific/technical problems encountered during research
3. Collect and analyze research data and prepare and present poster/slide presentations for internal progress reports/presentation at scientific meetings
4. Write scientific manuscript(s) for publication of completed research
Required Position Qualifications :
+ PhD or PhD/MD.
+ Experience in molecular biology, neuroscience, and/or HIV research.
+ Solid publication track record.
+ Effective writing skills.
Preferred Position Qualifications :
+ Experience in HIV genotyping.
+ Experience in deep sequence and/or single genome analysis.
+ Technical experience in advanced immunohistostaining and confocal microscopy
+ Animal model experience.
Company Highlights :
1. Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
2. Rush University Medical Center received five stars in a quality rating system by the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Rush University Medical Center is the only five-star academic medical center in the Chicago area.
+ As an academic medical center, Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, is committed to advancing medical knowledge through research. Investigators at Rush are involved in more than 1,600 projects, including hundreds of clinical studies to test the effectiveness and safety of new therapies and medical devices, as well as to expand scientific and medical knowledge.
+ RUMC offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
+ Rush University is home to one of the first medical colleges in the Midwest and one of the nation’s top-ranked nursing colleges, as well as graduate programs in allied health, health systems management and biomedical research.
Rush University Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason prohibited by law.