Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Naperville, IL 60540
Chemical Technician I- Naperville, IL
\"Use this link to chat with a recruiter now: https://flashrecruit.com/user/RachitaSaxena "
Length: 6 Months
Pay rate: $18.00 – $21.00/hour
Assist in product research, development, testing, customer support and corporate enhancement activities within the group. This role supports the RD&E Light Division.
The main function of a chemical technician is to conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, and gaseous materials. A typical chemical technician is either a research technician that works in an experimental lab or a process control technician who works in a manufacturing setting. The research technician works on research and development and collects samples or produces compounds. The process control technician focuses on quality assurance and production processes.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform various water treatment testing, water sample analysis and chemical evaluation
• Make chemical formulation and perform testing under guidance
• Assist in establishing testing methodology and set up testing equipment
• Maintains the laboratory and equipment in a safe, clean, neat, and orderly condition.
• Logs samples and records results in notebooks and other spreadsheets, maintaining a written record of lab results and activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.• Team player and detail oriented.• Basic knowledge of the chemical composition, structure and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo.• Basic knowledge of the aspects of chemicals manufacturing and how the process affects the environment, and safety of workers and consumers.
• Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, environmental science, materials science or related field.
• Wet lab experience, preferably 1+ years’ experience with chemicals
• Experience with water treatment, chemical formulation and lab testing is desired.
• Ability to work independently in wet chemistry labs
• Ability to conduct basic data analysis and work with data in Microsoft Excel.
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain a safe work environment.
Apply Now! Also, feel free to follow up via email to RACS113@KELLYSERVICES.COM
OR \"Use this link to chat with a recruiter now: https://flashrecruit.com/user/RachitaSaxena "
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations-providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career-connect with us today.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.