Project Manager/Senior Architect
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60664
At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees – their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity – and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP is currently searching for aSr Architect / Project Manager for our Chicago office..
- This individual will be responsible for managing the design, production and coordination of projects from our Chicago, IL office, for projects nation-wide
- The successful candidate will also have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be a dynamic presenter, and be able to effectively manage diverse groups of clients, project stakeholders, and team members
- Project Managers at exp are the primary liaison between clients and exp project teams, including subconsultants
- As Project Manager, you will be responsible and accountable for understanding and negotiating appropriate fees, schedule, and contract terms that are acceptable to the client and beneficial to exp
- Project Managers are responsible for project performance, including delivering projects within financial and schedule parameters, and for exceeding client expectations
- Participation in business development through market research, meeting with clients, assisting with marketing proposals, and participating in selection interviews is also a necessity to succeed in this role
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek
- Degree in Architecture from an accredited University
- Architectural License
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience with the tasks identified above
- Track record of exceptional performance
- Experience in a variety of project market sectors, including Aviation, Rail + Transit, Federal Government, and Higher Education
- Thorough working understanding of the Microsoft suite of products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit capabilities
- Ability to utilize financial management software
- Ability for occasional travel
What EXP Can Offer
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, over 3,000 creative EXP professionals across North America provide the passion and expertise needed to deliver successful projects around the world.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it’s a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
For more information, visit www.exp.com.
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National Origin, Veteran Status, Disability, Genetic Information or Testing, Family and Medical Leave, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression.
Job Title: Project Manager/Senior Architect
Location: Chicago, IL 606015924 US (Primary)
Education: College Diploma