Test Service Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Danville, IL 61832
Test Service Engineer
Automation International, Inc.
The Test/Service Engineer supervises and/or performs the hookup of the electrical systems, oversees the basic construction and installation of machine operating systems such as hydraulic and/or pneumatic, conducts demonstrations and test of equipment both in-house and at customer facilities. Uses independent judgment and exercises discretion in executing their duties. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality.
- Conducts “de-bugging” of machine control system, without assistance from Electrical Engineering, if possible.
2. Provides completed documentation of tests conducted on equipment such as functional tests, safety criteria, correction of technical information and drawings to reflect “as built” by engineering.
3. Monitors projects and ensures that time tables are met.
4. Provides feedback to the Sales/Engineering group on equipment performance for incorporation into future designs and quotes. Will advise of delays, problems or changes.
5. Performs as the “final step” in the Quality check of the equipment. Is responsible for final
sign-off on compliance of the equipment in accordance with the specifications set forth in the shop order.
6. Performs experimental welding tests as requested by Sales/Engineering group.
7. Working knowledge of National Electrical Code and familiarity with industrial wiring practices as related to machine tools.
8. Ability to read and interpret mechanical engineering blueprints.
9. Basic working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic circuitry and valving.
10. Knowledge in the use of electrical measuring and testing equipment including, but not limited to Volt/Ohm meters, amp meters, oscilloscopes and chart recorders.
11. Working knowledge of all basic resistance and arc welding processes, their principles and application techniques.
Education (or Equivalent Experience):
Bachelor’s degree (Associate’s minimum) in Electrical Engineering or related field; and/or equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
2. Two (2) to three (3) years’ specifically related experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code and familiarity with industrial wiring practices as related to machine tools.
Basic working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic circuitry and valving.
- Working knowledge of all basic resistance and arc welding processes, their principles and application techniques.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
Support to customer sites as needed and requested to help install new machinery and/or update and address any malfunctions of the machinery that needs attention is a must.
Travel could be domestic or international, depending on the customer site. The length of stay will be determined by the job at hand.
The majority of time will be spent in an office environment; some time will be spent in the production facility as well.
This position may require lifting up to 50 lbs. or more on the job.
This position description is not intended to cover all aspects of the responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the position. Attendance is an essential function of this position.
Authorized Signature (Corporate HR Manager)