Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Forklift Operator with Kelly Services must have strong forklift skills, able to work from general procedures and instructions, move material within warehouse, shipping dock, trailers/trucks environment in a safe, accurate and in a timely manner. Our client’s fast-paced, team-oriented environment is the perfect place to take your manufacturing career to the next level.
Our Forklift Operators enjoy:
- Pay rate: $16.50 per hour
- Available overtime
- Health benefit package
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
• 12 hour shift available 7:00 pm – 7:00 am, this position requires working every other weekend. (Schedule will provide for time off during the week)
- Certified forklift driver with a minimum of one year experience.
- Must have and maintain a Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to follow all safety guidelines.
- Ability to read English and perform basic math functions.
- Meet all requirements of the pre-employment Fitness for Duty assessment.
- Computer Skills preferred.
- Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct and be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be able to identify potential hazards in the workplace and to take action to eliminate/minimize risks
- Comply with all site rules and safety requirements
- Comply with Logistics Procedures and Policies
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Using sound forklift practices safely load/unload material from trailers and trucks. Ensure accuracy and quality
- Inspect pallets for proper stacking/un-stacking
- Apply banding/strapping and labeling according to specifications
- Inspect load prior shipping for packaging, accuracy, quality and safety purposes
- Perform daily forklift and Drexel inspections
- Track all material movements in SAP for inventory accuracy
- Band/Strap drums/pails on pallet
- Re-label drums/pails/totes if needed
- Use the plastic wrap machine to proper wrap the pallet prior shipping
- Operate Forklift, Drexel, scrubber/sweeper drive in and walk behind equipment
- Must be flexible in the daily transition when changing to different work areas
- Perform floor building clean ups by using scrubber/sweeper equipment per the cleaning schedule
- Remove trash, damaged pallets, and cardboard from production areas as needed
- Perform rounds on a daily basis and fill out the round sheet checklist
- Perform cycle counts as needed
- Deliver mail (boxes and envelopes received from FedEx, USPS and UPS)
- Work with other drivers and production personnel to ensure team spirit and team functionality
- Work with management team to develop and implement operational procedures
- Maintain functional knowledge of BOL’s and receiving processes
- Other duties as requested by management
- Notify supervision of all injuries, illnesses, spills and other safety incidents immediately
- Use pick-tickets to correctly pick and load orders
- Use inbound checklist to ensure proper receipt of materials
- Communicate product availability issues to management
- Communicate inbound material issues to management
- Able to work overtime if needed