Substance Use Disorder Therapist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Marshall, IL 62441
PLEASE POSTINTERNAL or EXTERNAL POSTINGPLEASE POST
JOB TITLE:Substance Use Disorder Therapist
RATIONALE:The SUD Therapist is responsible for providing full-range of therapeutic services (individual and group) to persons of all ages in an outpatient substance use setting specifically including but not limited to alcohol/drug and or gambling addiction treatment services.
Meets all professional requirements of the Illinois Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse (DASA) to provide adolescent and adult outpatient treatment services.
Certification or licensure in CADC or higher qualification
- Hold Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services related field
- Understanding of substance use disorders and DASA/Rule 2060.
Ability to relate to a resistive consumer population.
- Ability to relate to persons of various ages and with a variety of presenting problems.
Understanding of the legal system as it relates to alcoholism, substance use disorder and gambling.
- Ability to work independently and provide self-motivation.
- Ability to comply with agency procedures and state regulations.
- Strong diagnostic/assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to help consumers formulate treatment objectives.
Meets the educational and training qualifications for obtaining a CADC or higher qualification (CRADC, LPC, LCPC, LSW, LCSW) as established by DASA. (Must obtain within 1 year of hire date.)
- Ability to provide direct service in individual and group settings.
- Ability to follow program guidelines and necessary paperwork to maintain Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse compliance, as well as CARF compliance.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks, fingerprinting, and alcohol and other drug testing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (to be met with or without reasonable accommodations):
- Sit, 76-100% of the time.
- Stand, walk, 11-40% of the time.
Climb stairs, stoop, kneel, bend, and reach in front of body, 11-40% of the time.
- Ordinary speech and hearing, 76-100% of the time
- Visual acuity of 20” or less or 20” or more.
- Simultaneous use of Hand, Wrist, Fingers, 76-100% of the time.
HOURS PER WEEK:40 hours per week, including evening hours.
HOW TO BECOME AN APPLICANT:
Internal Applicants must submit a letter of interest while this announcement remains posted at http://www.hrcec.org/index.php/employment-new
External Applicants: 1. Must submit a completed application to Jonathan Burns (via fax, E-mail, mail, or in person), 2. meet the minimum qualifications for the position, and 3. Application must be received while this announcement remains posted at http://www.hrcec.org/index.php/employment-new
CONTACT:Jonathan Burns, Director of Continuous Quality Improvement
Human Resources Center of Edgar and Clark Counties
PO Box 1118; 118 East Court Street; Paris, IL 61944
Equal Employment Opportunity/Drug Free Workplace Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor 02/16/16