Laboratory Analyst - Lake Zurich, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive, log, prepare, and perform analyses for samples according to procedures and test methods
• Prepare media, perform required QC checks, and maintain media logs
• Receive and log consumables
• Monitor temperatures and pressures and maintain appropriate logs
• Maintain a clean and sterile environment
• Communicate test results as required
• Maintains basic understanding of GLP and any accreditation/certification requirements
• Maintains records of all quality activities as documented in procedures and test methods
• Make precise measurements using visual assessment (examples: balance centering, pH measurement using pH strips)
• Accurately enter and/or verify sample results into computer
• Maintains and calibrates equipment, as necessary
• Corrects nonconformance and potential nonconformance
• Improves laboratory and/or quality activities on a continuous basis
• Performs other testing or duties as assigned
• Committed to continuous improvement
Entry level analytical position in a microbiology laboratory.
B.S. in Biology, Microbiology, or a closely related field, with some analytical experience. Effective oral and written communication skills. Basic computer skills. Experience in laboratory work is desired, however on the job training will be provided. Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Ability to maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment. High attention to detail and quality in results.
Position requires the ability to follow GLP while performing SOPs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend, push, pull, stoop and crouch. The employee must be capable of lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
Typical Work Schedule
The laboratory typically operates Monday through Friday, with 8 hour shifts from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Availability to work evenings and weekends based on the customer demand.
Typical Work Environment
Laboratory and office setting. Always more than one activity going on at any given time. Possible contact with infectious materials, biohazards and unpleasant odors
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas’ federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: