Sr. Scientist - Technical Operations I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Kankakee, IL 60901
Sr. Scientist – Technical Operations IUnited States of AmericaR-0918782010 CSL Behring L.L.C.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Under minimal supervision, lead or participate in cross-departmental teams in support of deviation investigation, change control, and CAPAs to develop feasible solutions and timelines. Represent R&D in such teams as subject matter expert for product line.
2. Provide floor support to Manufacturing for real-time deviations and independently provide guidance to minimize product quality impact.
3. Independently and proficiently propose, design, and lead manufacturing support projects, which could include execution of laboratory experimentation, and the analysis and dissemination of technical information necessary to manufacture plasma-derived products. Could include supervision and coaching of junior staff in support of execution.
4. Responsible for anticipating potential problems and independently designing and proposing preventative solutions to local and global R&D and site Management. Will also maintain awareness of production processes and their interdependencies, and be proactive in introducing improvements in yield or quality.
5. Required to maintain an appropriate level of documentation and communication through timely and thorough drafting and execution of protocols and reports in support of R&D process development or operations support.
6. Required to maintain an awareness of and compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Laboratory Practices.
7. May be required to complete any other duties/responsibilities assigned by management.
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
BS/BA, MS, Ph.D. in science-related fields such as Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioprocess Engineering
6+ years’ experience with proven leadership roles in deviation troubleshooting and/or process improvement projects in large scale manufacturing with proven advanced data analysis and interpretation
Preferred: Knowledge and familiarity of protein chemistry, protein purification techniques
CSL is introducing a new Career Framework, which will provide a common, global infrastructure for managing jobs and serve as a foundation for future career development and competitive rewards. Certain components of this job description, including Title and Level are subject to change relative to applicable local laws. Your Talent Acquisition Consultant will discuss the pending changes with you.
State/Province : Illinois
City : Kankakee
Street Address : 1201 N. Kinzie
Primary Location : CSL Behring Kankakee
Full Time/Part Time : Full Time
Equal Opportunity Employer
CSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please click below.
CSL makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable US federal, state or local law. CSL complies with all applicable employment laws, including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Immigration Reform and Control Act. https://www.cslbehring.com/careers/eeo-statement