Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Davenport, IA 52806
A Merchandise Processor processes newly received merchandise, involving, ticketing, placing garments on hangers, verifying quantity, style numbers, price, size, color and quality. Primary job responsibilities of a Merchandise Processor include the following:
- Matching cartons to proper paperwork, if required.
- Removing merchandise from boxes, and hangs items on line for processing following all department guidelines.
- Sorting merchandise accurately and timely by style number, color, size and store.
- Checking merchandise for damage.
- Comparing merchandise received to merchandise ordered, as listed on the worksheet or as shown on handheld scanner. Identifying any discrepancies and reports to Order Checker and/or Department Manager. Ensuring all order corrections are completed.
- Counting number of pieces received, compares totals with paperwork or handheld scanners. Records counts on worksheet, as needed. Reports to Order Checker any differences between the number of pieces received and the number of pieces ordered.