Revenue Cycle Operations Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60664
Promotes the use of Epic to support efficient operational workflows. Provide analysis and expertise across the entire revenue cycle. Evaluate current state against desired future state with consideration of policy, compliance, quality, operational standardization, workflow implications, reliability and usability of the system. Proactively assist revenue cycle leadership with workflow optimization and best practices. Work closely with the information management team, as well as revenue cycle leadership and staff to troubleshoot and correct problems related to applications. Assist with implementation of revenue cycle software products.
1. Collaborates across revenue cycle departments to implement projects and initiatives. Follows organizational change control processes. Provides assistance and guidance in developing solutions. Routes change requests to appropriate venues for vetting, prioritization and approval. Coordinates with Information Management to optimize project execution.
2. Coordinates activities of assigned revenue cycle projects including planning, analysis, design, build and testing. Coordinates with credentialed revenue cycle trainers to develop timely, accurate training materials. Develops and creates detailed work plans, timelines and other appropriate documentation. Identifies resources needed and provides timely status reports. Identifies and implements innovative, fiscally responsible, appropriate solutions to obstacles.
3. Demonstrates critical thinking and applies informatics principles and standards. Provides analysis for department workflows and identifies EMR requirements as supported by evidence and policies and procedures. Develops and maintains workflow documentation.
4. Demonstrates firm understanding of operational area(s) of support. Meets with revenue cycle operational leaders to review identified issues and opportunities for optimization. Works with leadership to set and maintain priority of projects and initiatives. Supports department specific requests from conceptualization through completion.
5. Develops and monitors testing scenarios and methodologies to validate system effectiveness. Prepares and maintains documentation of testing plans. Collaborates with revenue cycle leadership and staff to complete rigorous testing. Documents testing outcomes.
6. Adheres to HIPAA regulations for transactions, security and confidentiality.
7. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others. 8. Other job functions as assigned.
1. Bachelor-s Degree in Health Care, Management or Information Technology related field. A combination of education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of the degree when the experience has been directly related to the functions of the job.
2. Minimum three years of experience with revenue cycle operations.
3. In depth foundational knowledge of Epic revenue cycle applications required, and ability to complete Epic certification within six (6) months of employment.
4. Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Windows OS and applications.
5. Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills. Ability to articulate facts and ideas clearly and concisely. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
6. Excellent project management skills. Ability to prepare documentation to support established objectives consistent with generally recognized standards.
7. Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality relating to employee/patient and hospital
Requisition ID: 2019-9641
Street: 225 E Chicago Ave