Co-teacher Early Head Start
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hannibal, MO 63401
Co-Teacher – Early Head Start, Louisiana, MO
The Early Head Start Co-Teacher has primary care responsibility for four infants and/or toddlers and cooperates with other staff in developing an environment that is safe, nurturing, consistent, and stable. This environment will be supportive of staff establishing close relationships with the infants and toddlers while in their care, and will enhance and/or foster the infant’s and/or toddler’s development of a close relationship with their parent(s). The Co-Teacher ensures that daily activities are consistent with program philosophy and program written plans.
• Support parents in their primary role as their child’s first and foremost important teacher.
• Familiarizes with and adheres to local/state licensing requirements.
• Helps formulate and implement an age-appropriate, individualized developmental plan in cooperation with parents, other staff members, and/or community partner(s) that meet the needs, interests, and abilities of each child.
• Supervises the activities of children in a nurturing, educational environment; which is safe, healthy, well arranged, enriching, and conducive to maximum overall development of each child.
• Implements an appropriate feeding and nap schedule, responsive to each child’s individual cues. Coordinates with parents and staff as needed.
• Completes a daily written report, in addition to verbal exchanges, to ensure consistent communication with parents regarding their child’s day at the center.
• Assists in maintaining accurate records on children’s attendance, and volunteer participation. Submits required reports in a timely manner.
• Helps prepare schedules and participates in planning for the most effective use of volunteers. Assists in training and supervision of volunteers, as needed.
• Maintains appropriate, accurate records on each child with emphasis on the child’s response to developmental activities and his or her progress toward prescribed individualized goals.
• Schedules and participates in making the recommended number of home visits and conferences with each child’s parent(s) or guardian(s) to ensure maximum benefit of Early Head Start experiences for the child and family. Participates in visits and conferences to share information about child’s development. Home visits and parent conferences must be held at parents’ convenience.
• Empowers families by modeling/teaching families developmentally appropriate practices for infants and toddlers
• Assists the Advocate by encouraging families as they develop and work toward their family’s attainable goals. Knowledgeable of the importance of a goal to be appropriate both developmental and achievable for the child and/or the parent(s).
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
A minimum of a high school diploma and an Infant/Toddler CDA is required. Previous work experience in early childhood preferred. Must successfully pass the Teaching Strategies Gold Inter-rater Reliability Certification within 1 year of signing job description. The ability to communicate effectively, enjoy interacting with young children, and maintain confidentiality is required to successfully fulfill this position’s responsibilities. Training in CPR and First Aid are additional requirements. Continuing education through in-service training is mandatory.
Full Time: 40 hours per week/50 weeks per year
Hours: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Salary: $13.06 – $16.08
Deadline for Applications/Resumes: May 3rd, 2019
What we offer: Comprehensive benefit plans including health, dental, vision, flexible spending account and life insurance; Competitive wages with annual increases, 401k retirement plan with annual employer contribution, Work/life balance that includes generous amounts of paid sick time; paid holidays; Tuition assistance and professional development with lots of opportunities for advancement!!
Search openings and apply online at douglassonline.org