Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
The Plant Manager is a hands-on position directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, other production-related activities. Plant Manager is a critical part of our leadership team, ensuring that our plant operations delivery safe, high quality products at the most efficient cost. The ideal candidate is a team player, focused on people development and financial performance of the operation.
• Direct and manage plant operations for production and maintenance.
• Coordinate plant activities with support from food safety and quality, procurement, warehouse operations, and other departmental functions to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner. Success is defined as no food safety or quality issues, superior customer service, and a cost-effective overall operation.
• Develop and control plans and budget.
• Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, wages and salaries.
• Work with Continuous Improvement team implementing Lean practices.
• Core to this role is the management of scheduling and staffing for the plant to ensure optimal use of personnel with minimal overtime.
• Oversee production planning to ensure efficient schedules are delivered that drive lowest cost.
• Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards, including compliance with established HACCP, BRC and GMP guidelines.
• Collect and analyze data to find sources of waste and yield loss. Implement appropriate correction measures to improve upon performance in these areas.
• Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment, replacing or adjusting plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
• Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs.
• Incorporate floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
• Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
• Provides direction, development and leadership to production managers and supervisors.
• Support test runs in the plant along with new customer launches.
• Inventory (Raw materials, Packaging and In-Process) Check
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
• Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
• Decision Making
• Problem Solving / Analysis
• Business Acumen
• People Development / Coaching
• Lean Manufacturing
• Mechanical and Electrical Aptitude is a plus
• Computer literacy, specifically plant floor operational systems, Microsoft Office Suite proficient.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and / move up to fifty pounds.
*Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
*This is a full-time position. The plant operates M-F and occasionally some weekends.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field or three years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience with managing a medium hourly workforce preferred.
• Experience with food is desired, but not required.
• Past experience should include working in a fast-paced environment.
Job Type: Full-time
• Plant Management: 2 years
• Bachelor’s (Preferred)