Professional Services III-Cloud Infrastructure Architect (multiple positions available)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60606
1. Ensure customer and partner teams success in building applications and services on the AWS platform by utilizing customer facing skills and technical background to drive discussion with senior leaders regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management, and risk mitigation.
2. Collaborate with customers and partner teams to address specific security and compliance challenges, and implement and migrate customer solutions and workloads onto AWS.
3. Analyze complex distributed production deployments and recommend ways to optimize performance and/or automate processes by managing continuous integration servers, utilizing monitoring and testing tools.
4. Assist in the migration of existing applications and the development of new applications using AWS services, working with engineering, support, and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
5. Own and drive projects and engagements involving architecture, design, development, and implementation of Amazon’s utility computing web services.
6. Define technical and project strategies, document best practices, and consult and provide analytical insight on product improvement/development and feature innovation for cloud-based web services and platforms based on scalability, performance, availability, and cost.
7. Approximately 50% domestic travel.
8. Telecommuting benefits available.
A Master’s degree or foreign equivalent, Computer Applications, Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline and 5 years of experience in infrastructure architect, systems engineering, software development, test engineering or information technology. In the alternative, a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline and 7 progressively responsible post-baccalaureate years of experience in infrastructure architect, systems engineering, software development, test engineering or information technology. Experience must include:
(1) 5 years of experience building infrastructure in real-work environments (sizing, high availability system setup, and backup/recovery) and securing, designing, and implementing web service solutions using Java, PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, or related technologies
(2) 5 years of experience with infrastructure security, hybrid architecture tools (e.g. scripting, monitoring, automated testing, configuration management, messaging, networking, source code repositories, continuous integrated servers, seamless/automated build scripts or related), and workload transition challenges
(3) 5 years of experience with risk management and building security reference and compliance systems (e.g. firewalls, intrusion Detection Systems, Malware Management, Web Application Firewalls, Key Management Systems, Identity, Access Control systems or related) for enterprise system deployments
(4) 5 years of experience with technology consulting/evangelizing and building/maintaining developer and client relations involving software and cloud computing technologies such as CloudFormation and JSON.
Qualified applicants should submit a CV by mail only referencing job code 20273.4124.8 to: Amazon, PO Box 81226, Seattle, Washington 98108.