Installation Technician - Security Systems
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Fairview Heights, IL 62208
Technician – Electronic Security Systems
PASS Security, Fairview Heights, Illinois
About PASS Security
PASS Security is a locally-owned business with a mission to provide technology-based security solutions to the community. Our Team consists of driven individuals who are passionate about our industry and finding unique solutions for our customers’ needs.
PASS Security installs and services electronic security systems for commercial and residential customers, specializing in intrusion, access control, and video security systems. PASS serves customers in the Greater St. Louis Region.
PASS Security’s reputation is built upon trust and service excellence. PASS Security takes pride in its work to ensure that its products, designs, installations, and services exceed customer expectations.
The PASS Security Mission:
• Ensure that products, designs, installations, and services meet the customers’ needs and exceed expectations.
• Commitment to service is what sets us apart from other providers.
• Provide technologically-based solutions to help our customers feel protected and have a sense of security.
What is it like to work at PASS?
• Team Environment
• Family Friendly
• Innovative Design
Our number one goal at PASS is protecting person and property, which can be a very high-pressure, demanding, and fast-paced environment. We work hard every day, but we also like to take time to celebrate our successes and recognize our amazing Team! PASS offers several company outings and special events every year. We celebrate birthdays, holidays, and special occasions for employees. We have fun competitions, and we love to get out as a group and volunteer in the community! At the end of the day, we know that what we do makes a huge difference in our customers’ lives and businesses, and we are all a part of something very meaningful!
PASS Technicians are responsible for the installation, service, and troubleshooting of electronic security systems for a variety of residential, commercial, and enterprise level customers. We are currently recruiting for Experienced Installation Technicians!
Installation Technician – Residential and Commercial
• Install electronic security systems for commercial customers, including access control/card access, CCTV, and intrusion and resolve installation issues.
• Install electronic security systems in residences, small businesses, and new residential construction and resolve installation issues.
• Wire new construction and existing structures for security systems.
• Program security systems and devices.
• Perform system testing with customers.
• Provide customer training on the use and basic troubleshooting of common issues and programming features.
• Inspect quality of work performed to ensure conformity with specifications and requirements.
• Document work performed and corrective actions thoroughly and descriptively.
• 3+ years’ experience as Security Systems Installation (intrusion, CCTV, access control) required
• 3+ years’ experience Access Control installation and programming required
• Understanding of wiring and wiring per code.
• Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills for documentation and customer and peer interaction.
• Technologically driven with a desire to learn new technology continually.
• Strong work ethic.
• Ability to read and understand technical diagrams, manuals, and project documentation.
Includes, but is not limited to, lifting and carrying 50+ pounds, exposure to confined spaces (such as attics, basements, crawl spaces), ability to manipulate objects (such as feeding wires and assembling system components), ascending and descending ladders, operating hand tools, and driving trucks, large vans, and hauling trailers.
• Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
• Applicant must pass a background check pursuant to Illinois PERC Card requirements for all security industry personnel.
• Applicant must pass a drug test.
• Applicant must have a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Occasional weekends, evenings, and overtime required.
On-Call Rotation required for after-hours calls (evenings, weekends, holidays).
15 Executive Drive, Suite 6, Fairview Heights, IL 62208
Service Area: Illinois and Missouri, Greater St. Louis/Metro Area.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Commensurate with experience.
• Merit-based pay increases.
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
• Group Insurance
o Life & ADD
o Long Term Disability
o Flexible Benefits Plan: Dependent Care, Unreimbursed Medical
o Health Insurance Deductible Reimbursement
• Business Expense Account
• Company Vehicle Provided
• Cell Phone Allowance
• Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
• Paid Training and Continuing Education
All applicants must apply online. No phone calls please. Serious applications only.
PASS Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.