Customer Care Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Fairview Heights, IL 62208
Customer Care Associate
Customer Care Associate
PASS Security, Fairview Heights, Illinois
About The Company:
PASS Security installs and services electronic security systems for commercial and residential customers, specializing in intrusion, access control, and video security systems. PASS Security’s reputation is built upon trust and service excellence. PASS Security takes pride in its work to ensure that its products, designs, installations, and services exceed customer expectations.
The PASS Security Customer Care Department is an integral part of the organization and the hub for electronic security customer account changes, service requests, system questions, and many other inquiries. Activity is handled in a timely, responsive, and professional manner as these systems protect an individual’s family, employees, property, and/or business.
The Customer Care Associate is part of the customer care team, which is at the core of PASS Security’s electronic security system offerings. This position involves assisting customers (external and internal) via phone, email, and in person. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships, understanding how to assess customer needs, effectively handling customer requests in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
• Thoroughly document account data and customer inquiries for continuity and quality control.
• Perform administrative actions to resolve customer inquiries and process a variety of account changes and updates.
• Assist in remote diagnosis and troubleshooting of technical issues regarding customers’ security systems and related services.
• Schedule service appointments and set up service tickets.
• Process customer requests for sales, renewals, resigns, upgrades, and reactivations.
• Answer customer questions regarding products and services.
• Process account cancellations and work to save cancelling customers.
• Review account activities and work with team members, field technicians, and central station (dispatching department) to ensure security systems are up and running smoothly 24/7, identifying trending issues, and escalating issues for timely resolution.
• Work closely with Accounting Department to ensure continuity regarding billing, invoicing, accounts receivable, and collections actions.
• Work closely with team members, management, and other departments to identify ways to continuously improve customer satisfaction, process efficacy, and well-organized procedures.
• Additional tasks and projects as assigned.
• Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
• Applicant must pass a background check pursuant to Illinois PERC Card requirements for all security industry personnel.
• Applicant must pass a drug test.
• 3+ years’ previous successful experience in a customer service or customer care role, interacting with the general public, and interacting with customers via telephone and email.
• Previous experience Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
• Ability to learn new software and databases used within the scope of the position.
• Positive, cooperative, and accommodating nature.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent telephone and email communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills and ownership of responsibilities.
• Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, prioritization, and time management skills.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and in support of a team.
• Strong work ethic and ability to apply security and confidentiality measures.
Full Time, 40 hours per week
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
PASS Security Office
15 Executive Drive, Suite 6, Fairview Heights, IL 62208
Relocation is not available for this position.
Compensation and Benefits:
• $14-18 per hour, commensurate with experience, nonexempt.
• Merit-Based Pay Increases
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
• Group Insurance
o Life & ADD
o Long Term Disability
o Flexible Benefits Plan: Dependent Care, Unreimbursed Medical
o Health Insurance Deductible Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
• Paid Training and Continuing Education
All applicants must apply online. No phone calls please.
PASS Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.