Lab Coordinator - Biology - Part Time
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60664
- LAB COORDINATOR – PART TIME *
- MALCOLM X COLLEGE – WEST SIDE LEARNING CENTER
- > This position will be responsible for enhancing student knowledge and skills in any particular Health Science program. Ensures proper inventory of laboratory supplies and maintenance of equipment and assists faculty in fulfilling academic and program needs
- > > The mission of Malcolm X College Health Sciences department is to educate the next generation of professionals in the healthcare and wellness industries while promoting leadership, lifelong learning, and a commitment to improve health outcomes for the communities we serve.
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- * Coordinates lab environment and activities to supplement subject lessons and techniques, and provides direction in the facilitation and enhancement of students’ laboratory experiences.
- * Ensures that students adhere to safety policies.
- * Demonstrates a variety of Health Science techniques, patient care skills, laboratory procedures, and provides evaluation of students’ performance.
- * Organizes and checks laboratory equipment and supply items to ensure proper maintenance, function, and inventory levels.
- * Reports equipment failure to supervisor and prepares requisition slips as needed.
- * Secures, sets-up, and maintains various instructional resources for classroom and laboratory use.
- * Advises current and prospective students about the Health Science program.
- * Provides additional laboratory scheduling and assists students during open lab hours for review or practice of laboratory related aspects.
- * Maintains student records and informs instructor of students’ exam and laboratory grades for evaluative and remedial purposes.
- * Participates in all program and departmental meetings.
- * Assists with group tours, recruitment efforts, and prospective student interviews as necessary.
- * Provides input for annual funding requests from state and/or federal agencies.
- > Hours: 7:30 am-1:00 pm at the West Side Learning Center
- * Graduation from an accredited Health Science program desired; Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a scientific area of study.
- * Certification in related Health Science field highly preferred.
- * Minimum of 3 years related experience in related Health Science field. Completion of continuing education units, for license renewal, as needed.
- > Malcolm X College was selected as a 2019 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges award winner! The award is given by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD), a membership organization committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching and leadership at community and technical colleges, and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, a leading academic publication. MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working environments, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities.
- We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank you for your interest in City Colleges!
Primary Location: Malcolm X College
Job Posting: Jul 16, 2019, 1:24:27 PM
Req ID: MAL0001265
Employee Type: Part Time
Union Code: 1600PTPROF