Laborer - 2nd Shift Field & Prep Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Freeburg, IL 62243
Job Title: Prep/Field Technician
Reports to: Prep/Field Manager
Prepares materials for chemical tests following standardized methods and performs physical tests following standardized methods by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Collects materials as directed for preparation
• Prepares materials for analytical processes as directed. Divides and reduces material as specified in established procedures to the specified nominal top size and mass.
• Performs test and quality control procedures in accordance with standard test methods established by laboratory management
• Responsible to ensure that the work area is kept in a clean and organized manner.
• Proactively observes analytical results and quality control data to ensure that analytical processes are operated in an “in-control” condition
• Informs supervision at detections of indicators of deviations from acceptable quality control criteria
• Participates in corrective/preventative actions when requested
• Maintains analytical, preparation, sampling and transportation equipment as necessary to ensure adequate operation
• Any reasonable job-related request of management and supervision.
• Prepares data for reporting following established procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related
experience and or/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information to supervisors, other technicians, and auditors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide or perform other mathematical functions as required by duties of the job.
• Ability to detect deviations from acceptable criteria.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
• Ability to apply critical thinking to standardized situations where company precedent/ legal precedent apply.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, climb and lift and/or move objects of various weights. The employee is required to frequently lift and/or move more than 50lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving
mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; pressurized gases; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; vibration, and noise exposure.