General Manager (H2i) Anytime Fitness
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
DeKalb, IL 60115
Anytime Fitness DeKalb – is seeking a high-performance leader that is action oriented, organized, resourceful and passionate about transforming lives and business success to join our team as a Manager for Anytime Fitness Fitness.
JOB SUMMARY: As a General Manager, you will be responsible for providing leadership and daily direction to the fitness team in the gym. This critical position must have a solid understanding of sales and operational excellence. As the sales leader, the Manager must execute internal and external lead generation strategies to increase membership sales as well as promote the culture of welcoming, encouraging and celebrating our members. This leader must possess a high caliber approach to coaching and staff development.
Key Position Responsibilities:
Staff Leadership and Training
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and on-boarding all new employees.
- Plan and execute on staff training, and ongoing coaching and development for high performance of each team member.
- Lead the scheduling of all studio staff.
- Work with team for ongoing process improvement and a vigilance in a quality experience for our members.
- Lead the performance management activities with each staff member including setting goals, ongoing coaching, career development and performance reviews.
- Lead performance coaching for employees that are not meeting performance expectations.
- Act as a coach to other Managers and as a resource to each of the gym’s employees to help inspire each person to be highly engaged in their role.
- Manage the sales process and work to exceed all sales Team Training, 1 on 1 Training, membership, etc.
- Lead and coordinate initial and ongoing sales drivers (pre-sale events, gym events, marketing, outreach).
- Responsible for overseeing the sales process and systems.
- Build and maintain Team training size through scheduling optimization.
- Be promotionally-oriented and have the ability to direct sales through company required outreach programs.
- Responsible for meeting performance metrics (KPI’s) defined for: customer service feedback; revenue; inventory; payroll; facilities; and other costs related to business operations.
- Audits and verifies the gym’s payroll information each payroll cycle.
- Compliance and adherence to Business Policies for daily gym operations.
- Ensure branding through consistency and continuity in all actions.
- Prioritize club performance issues to make certain that the issues most directly affecting profitability are addressed first.
- Develop a high energy club culture through contests and incentive based motivation.
- Drive team development by facilitating inspiring team meetings that increases trust and accountability throughout the entire staff.
- Conducts regular sales staff meetings and attends all required meeting and/or webinars.
- Model all club activities through self-involvement (leading by example)
- Must possess excellent leadership and management skills to create a positive, successful environment for staff and clients
- Sales experience preferred
- Management experience preferred: directly overseeing all aspects of staff management from hiring, training, supporting, discipline, and termination
- Solid verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to multi-task and manage client and staff concerns
- Computer skills required with knowledge of MS office programs (Excel, Word) and wiliness to learn our operating system