Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
With minimal supervision, oversees the assigned manufacturing areas on an assigned work shift including the management of staffing, working hours, and performance issues; adhering to production schedules and priorities, machine set-up issues, packing/inspection issues and quality issues.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the assigned production process on his/her assigned shift.
- Ensures scheduled machines are in continuous operation and are running per product specifications with correct labor.
- Ensures that quality production output is achieved for the duration of the shift. Successfully troubleshoots issues as they arise.
- Verifies all required production and quality paperwork on a timely basis.
- Consults with Tooling and Engineering as needed on tooling issues.
- Keeps management informed on the status of production. Reports shift activity daily using shift labor report.
- Performs other delegated management functions, including but not limited to, employment, termination, and performance management. Trains Q.C. Technicians and Machine Operators, including orientation training for all new hires.