Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
With minimal supervision, designs custom thermoformed plastic packaging, creating blueprints for prototypes molds, and serves as a liaison between customers and suppliers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides Sales with technical support and drawings for quotation purposes.
- Meets with customers to review product requirements including product design and function. Some travel may be required.
- Documents all project information for the successful completion of each job. Maintains engineering files containing customer criteria and specifications, drawings, and internal machining and forming standards.
- Reviews test samples against drawing and customer specification. Documents all necessary modifications.
- Attends product review meetings. Provides feedback pertaining to product design.
- Confers with Tooling to ensure designs meet the company’s machining capabilities.