Editor- Skilled Trades
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tinley Park , IL 60477
Come join our expanding Editorial Department! We are looking for experienced and knowledgeable Editors to edit, write and revise our educational print and digital learning materials. Experience in publishing educational materials is preferred.
What you’ll do:
• Edit, verify accuracy of content, and write (as needed) manuscript for print and digital texts and supplements.
• Work with authors in all stages of development and production.
• Work with authors and digital media to develop and produce instructionally sound digital learning materials.
• Edit, design/create, and obtain illustrations, tables, charts, and photographic images.
• Work with graphic artists to develop cover designs and interior designs.
• Check proofreading marks and corrections, and assist with other production-related steps.
• Help develop or review catalog copy and other promotional pieces.
• Present product information to sales staff at annual sales conference, and as needed to facilitate sales of the products.
• Provide in-house training on our product line.
• Assist with exhibits at meetings and conventions, as needed.
What you’ll bring:
• Excellent knowledge of basic language skills needed to perform editing tasks; specifically, sufficient grammar and usage skills to edit manuscript and create text copy
• Understanding of state educational standards and experience correlating educational materials to those standards is also preferred.
• Interest, experience, or aptitude in technical topics is preferred for editors in our Technical, Trades, and Engineering area.
• Bachelor’s degree. A degree in a technical field; Education; English; Journalism; or a related field is preferred.
• Teaching experience or college coursework in educational instruction or design preferred.
What it’s like to work here:
At Goodheart-Willcox Publisher, you will be working in a professional environment, supported by a passionate and energetic team that is invested in your growth and success. This is your chance to join an established employee-owned company that has been publishing for the Career and Technical Education field since 1921. Driven by the mission “We Build Careers” you will help educators implement and access our premier instructional materials which help students find and keep great careers, all while growing your own.
Goodheart-Willcox has spent nearly a century building a culture of which we are proud. Our team members embody these core values:
• Roll up your sleeves
• Do the right thing
• Can-do attitude
• Always improving
We are an employee owned company that offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match & ESOP.
For consideration, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter.
Goodheart-Willcox Publisher provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, ancestry and marital status, and other protected classes, in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
In addition, Goodheart-Willcox Publisher complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination of employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absence, compensation, and training.