Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tinley Park , IL 60477
Goodheart-Willcox Publisher is seeking an experienced Editorial Director. This position will create and manage the overarching vision for the company’s product lines by developing and executing short-term and long-term publishing plans. This role is responsible for leading a high performing publishing team while continuously improving publishing processes to develop market-leading products for career and technical education. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience developing products and editing as well as managing the publishing life cycle.
What you’ll do:
• Lead, manage and develop the editorial teams across multiple product lines.
• Oversee the acquisition, planning and development of new and revised product.
• Support the acquisitions editors in identifying market opportunities, signing authors, and managing the development of new products.
• Establishes short term and long term publishing goals and plans.
• Continuously improve product development processes to gain efficiencies while ensuring the adherence of quality, scheduling, and budgetary guidelines.
• Research and remain informed about the strengths and weaknesses of competing products and digital offerings.
• Work with Digital Media team to develop digital product strategy and oversee the production of digital offerings.
• Contribute to the development of the company’s corporate strategy; support the execution of strategic initiatives and ensure team and company goals are achieved.
• Work with Director of Production and Managing Editors to develop and manage publishing schedules.
• Oversee the management of contractual agreements with authors, freelancers, and other vendors including the author publishing agreement and work-for-hire contracts.
• Work with Creative Manager to develop competitive textbook and cover designs.
• Develop sales and marketing strategy in partnership with sales and marketing leadership.
• Contribute to the training of sales representatives and consultants on product offerings by overseeing the development of sales presentations, presenting at the national sales meeting, conducting training sessions and webinars when requested by sales and marketing.
What you’ll bring:
• Bachelor degree preferably in a related field.
• Excellent writing, speaking, and personal communication skills.
• Teaching experience or college coursework in educational instruction or design preferred.
• 5-7 years textbook development, including editorial and production phases.
• Education, training, or experience in topics applicable to the product line is a plus.
• Proven experience leading, developing and training a high performing team.
What it’s like to work here:
At Goodheart-Willcox Publisher, you will be working in a professional environment, supported by a passionate and energetic team that is invested in your growth and success. This is your chance to join an established employee-owned company that has been publishing for the Career and Technical Education field since 1921. Driven by the mission “We Build Careers,” you will help educators implement and access our premier instructional materials, which helps students find and keep great careers, all while growing your own.
Goodheart-Willcox has spent nearly a century building a culture that we are proud of. Our team members embody these core values:
• Roll up your sleeves
• Do the right thing
• Can-do attitude
• Always improving
Goodheart-Willcox is an employee-owned company that offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, and ESOP.
For consideration, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter.
Goodheart-Willcox Publisher provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, ancestry and marital status, and other protected classes, in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
In addition, Goodheart-Willcox Publisher complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination of employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Type: Full-time