Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tinley Park , IL 60477
Come join our expanding IT department! We are looking for an IT professional to support a variety of IT initiatives and projects, including administration, support, and maintenance of our enterprise software systems. The ideal candidate will also have experience leading and implementing systems upgrades, integrations, and new software deployments.
What you’ll do:
• Overall support, maintenance, troubleshooting, integration, and enhancement of enterprise software systems, including Bookmaster ERP, Sage CRM, Qlikview Business Intelligence systems and others, including interfaces/integration elements of these systems to other applications.
• Identify, develop, propose, manage and implement solutions that will improve enterprise application systems utilization to drive efficiency, reduce costs, and improve processes across the organization. Collaborate as needed with members of other departments to understand needs and requirements to effectively implement these solutions.
• Provide technical expertise and recommendations in evaluating new IT software projects, initiatives, and enhancements.
• Work with vendors on new installs, upgrades, troubleshooting, maintenance, etc.
• Assist with project management, planning, execution, and testing of systems integrations, upgrades, and modifications of all enterprise software systems. Coordinate issue resolution between end users and vendors.
• Assist with database updates, data maintenance and data integrity.
• Provide training for new software features/enhancements/functions.
• Triage escalated helpdesk requests, make recommendations and execute resolutions.
• Collaborate with and provide oversight, guidance, and assistance to members of the IT team on various projects.
• Assist IT Director in meeting strategic goals of the IT Department.
• Assist with after-hours projects and incident response.
What you’ll bring:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
• Minimum 7 years hands-on experience with various enterprise applications.
• ERP systems and SQL experience.
• Previous exposure to and hands-on experience with backend systems integrations.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent projects of varying stages and scales.
• Ability to resolve complex issues through research, analysis, and knowledge from prior experience.
• Experience with ERP implementations, configurations, administration, and maintenance.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Previous supervisory experience (preferred).
What it’s like to work here:
At Goodheart-Willcox Publisher, you will be working in a professional environment, supported by a passionate and energetic team that is invested in your growth and success. This is your chance to join an established employee-owned company that has been publishing for the Career and Technical Education field since 1921. Driven by the mission “We Build Careers,” you will help educators implement and access our premier instructional materials, which helps students find and keep great careers, all while growing your own.
Goodheart-Willcox has spent nearly a century building a culture that we are proud of. Our team members embody these core values:
• Roll up your sleeves
• Do the right thing
• Can-do attitude
• Always improving
Goodheart-Willcox is an employee-owned company that offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, and ESOP.
For consideration, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter.
Goodheart-Willcox is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time