Sector Advisor Health, Safety \u0026 Wellness
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60007
Do you enjoy working as a team and sharing your expertise? Do you have a drive to take existing processes to the next level? Are you a problem solver who enjoys getting to the bottom of difficult situations? If so, we’re looking for you!
TC Transcontinental Printing, the Printing Sector of TC Transcontinental (TSX: TCL.A TCL.B), is the largest printer in Canada and one of the largest in North America. This sector has over 4,300 employees and possesses a network of 16 state-of-the-art plants.
TC Transcontinental Printing provides an integrated service offering for retailers, including premedia services, flyer and in-store marketing product printing, and door-to-door distribution through Publisac in Qubec and Targeo, a pan-Canadian distribution brokerage service. This sector also offers an array of innovative print solutions for newspapers, magazines, 4-colour books and personalized and mass marketing products. For more information, visit TC Transcontinental’s website at www.tc.tc – http://www.tc.tc/.
About this Opportunity
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the Sector Advisor, Health, Safety and Wellness supports and leads the implementation of health, safety and wellness policies and programs for the organization
What You Will Do
Primary responsibilities are:
- HS&W direction to the line of business.
- Strategy implementation.
- Develop corporate-wide or regional HS&W programs.
- Policy implementation.
- Identify operational risks and consequent mitigation.
- Provide support and leadership to manufacturing sites.
- Subject matter expert with Centre of Expertise (CoE) to develop HSW systems.
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
Note: travel will be required up to 30% of the time
What You Have to Offer
- University degree in human resources, health and safety or related business degree.
- OHS Certificate and/or all other relevant training (engineering, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, nursing care, etc.).
- 8+ years’ experience in implementing health, safety and wellness function for a manufacturing organization.
- 5+ years in a management/leadership position and ideally in a matrix environment and multi-site.
- In-depth knowledge of prevention, OHS laws and regulations – Canada/U.S./OSHA.
What We Have to Offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more
Learn more about us
Sector: Head Office – Transaction Center
Job Status: Regular
Full Part/Time Indicator: Full-time
Job Function: Administration
EOE U.S. Legal Note
TC Transcontinental is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/48zs36k4sgrw8jqf