National Content Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tinley Park , IL 60477
Are you ready to put your energy and experience to work, make an immediate impact, and be a part of an exciting future? Goodheart-Willcox Publisher, Experts in Career and Technical Education (CTE), is seeking a career-oriented, energetic Content Specialist. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of educational strategies for grades 6-12, and have the ability to build and maintain relationships with key customers to provide guidance, support and professional development.
What you’ll do:
• Demonstrates knowledge of the content, teaching methods, and current issues of the various CTE pathways and Health Education.
• Create and deliver competitive sales presentations that highlight the strengths of G-W products versus competing products, and deliver those presentations in competitive environments.
• Demonstrate how G-W resources can be used in the classroom and share best instructional practices.
• Travel independently or with Educational Consultants and Sales Managers to make sales presentations, and teaching/learning presentations to key accounts and customers.
• Provide input into product development so that new products broadcast their attention to the latest trends in that discipline.
• Actively participate in important meetings and conferences to interact with leaders and key customers to develop strong interest in G-W products.
• Work closely with Regional Sales Managers to identify key accounts and help develop sales strategies that include content implementation and professional development to increase market penetration.
• Identify key educators who can contribute to the development of new products.
• Develop product training and competitive analysis for sales team. Provide training and support to new sales staff and existing sales team as needed.
• Travel and work in field approximately two to three weeks of each month.
What you’ll bring:
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of five years of successful teaching experience.
• Experience in educational sales and marketing preferred.
• Experience using PowerPoint and virtual meeting tools for presentations.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a complex and fast paced environment.
• Strong teamwork, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
What it’s like to work here:
At Goodheart-Willcox Publisher, you will be working in a professional environment, supported by a passionate and energetic team that is invested in your growth and success. This is your chance to join an established employee-owned company that has been publishing for the Career and Technical Education field since 1921. Driven by the mission “We Build Careers,” you will help educators implement and access our premier instructional materials, which helps students find and keep great careers, all while growing your own.
Goodheart-Willcox has spent nearly a century building a culture that we are proud of. Our team members embody these core values:
• Roll up your sleeves
• Do the right thing
• Can-do attitude
• Always improving
Goodheart-Willcox is an employee-owned company that offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, and ESOP.
For consideration, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter.
Goodheart-Willcox is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time