Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Waterman, IL 60556
1. 1.Overall management of GDU including but not limited to:
1. Maximize Feed Intake
ii. Feed ration management
iii. Water — flow and availability
iv. Minimize stress events
1. Ventilation ManagementController knowledge
ii. Air — flow, speed, and exchange
iii. Set temp vs. actual
iv. Environment assessment – laying patterns, humidity, cleanliness
1. Health ManagementMedication/vaccination schedule
ii. Treatment identification
iii. Threshold communication
1. Overall Flow ManagementNursery management
1. Incoming preparation
2. Intensive monitoring
ii. Stocking density/square footage
iii. Replacement rate, selection rate and timing
iv. Weekly targets — mortality, removals, HNS
1. Inventory and Record KeepingGilt Entry Protocol — ear tagging and recording within 7 days of arrival
ii. Daily movements into gestation barn, HNS events, mortality and culls
iii. Weekly inventory tracking
1. GDU SnapshotBoar exposure management
ii. Heat detection
1. HNS row management.
2. Understanding breed eligible targets.
1. Depending on layout/size of farm — may cross over time/labor in gestation barn or other areas of the farm.
Training:Safety Orientation Video
ALL ADDRESSES: Waterman, IL
Job Title: GDU Spec
Location: Independence Pork LLC-20508
Req Num: 19-431