Field Site Remediation Engineer - Construction Projects
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60664
Our Remedial Construction practice is looking for a Field Site Remediation Engineer to support our Environmental design\-build or engineer\-procure\-construct \(EPC\) work\.
The Field Site Remediation Engineer will be responsible for multiple environmental remediation and demolition projects in the Chicagoland area and across the Midwest\. This position is responsible for the successful completion of the projects, establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the Owner, engineer, subcontractors, suppliers and any other project stakeholder throughout the execution of the projects\.
The Field Site Remediation Engineer will report directly to the EPC Program Manager and will manage and coordinate all aspects of the construction effort including:
- Field activities of all company personnel on assigned project\(s\);
- Interface with client representatives, A/E representatives, and other third parties related to construction activities\.
- Review and approve construction related portions of project specific proposals
- Review site and general base arrangements for constructability
- Review of receiving and storage and shortage reporting plans
- Review and approval of subcontractor invoices
- Review and support the implementation of Safety and injury reports procedures
- Subcontractor’s manpower reporting
- Review subcontractor schedule and work plans
- Site logistics and responsibility matrix
- Assist in preparing a Subcontractor’s bidder list for all construction contracts
- Review the construction specifications and drawings prepared by engineers
- Assist in the evaluation of construction bids and provide recommendations
- Responsible for cost and schedule execution and reporting of construction activities
- Can verify subcontractors estimates and prepare construction estimates
- Coordinate Subcontractor’s schedule and update project schedule
- Represents Construction at project meetings
- Supports the development of the monthly Owner’s Progress Report
- Perform additional duties as assigned\.
- 5\-10 years verifiable, relevant construction/ construction management experience\.
- Experience in environmental remediation, abatement and/or demolition\. Current in OSHA Trainings \(40hr, 30hr, etc\.\)
- Prefer demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills for managing work assignments and employee performance to ensure the efficient, cost\-effective utilization of staff\.
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited curriculum\. Must be detail\-oriented and demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills\.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both internal project management staff and client staff
- Valid driver’s license required\. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company’s vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company’s Motor Vehicle Safety Policy\.
Job Environmental Engineering
Primary Location US\-IL\-Chicago
Other Locations US\-IL\-Downers Grove
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
About Burns & McDonnell
Burns & McDonnell is making the world a better place every day\. When we take on some of the world’s toughest challenges, we’re putting the industry’s best thinking to work, striving to create amazing success for our clients and amazing careers for our employee\-owners\. Our staff of more than 7,000 engineers, architects, construction professionals, scientists, consultants and business professionals is constantly growing\.
We have offices and projects across the U\.S\. and around the globe\. We are proud to rank among FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For\. Our culture, powered by 100% employee ownership, plays a major role in getting us there\. Each employee brings a high level of commitment to every project\. Clients have shown their appreciation of this dedication, rewarding us with a 90% repeat business rate and decades\-long partnerships\. That’s pretty cool for a firm that started as a small engineering consulting shop back in 1898\.
At Burns & McDonnell, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference while fulfilling your personal and professional ambitions\. Our entrepreneurial culture lets you guide your destiny and shape the path your career travels\. And with hundreds of service specialties, your career and development options are endless\.
Are you ready to create amazing?
Burns & McDonnell is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Req ID: 191963