Fabrication Specialist / Welder - 2nd and 3rd Shift - Decatu
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Decatur, IL 62523
Fabrication Specialist / Welder \- 2nd and 3rd Shift \- Decatur, IL
For 90 years, Caterpillar Inc\.has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change onevery continent\. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them developinfrastructure, energy and natural resource assets\.Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrialgas turbines and diesel\-electric locomotives\. The company principally operatesthrough its three product segments \- Construction Industries, ResourceIndustries and Energy & Transportation \- and also provides financing andrelated services through its Financial Products segment\.
As a Fabrication Specialist, you will set up, operate and adjust manual and/or automatic machines to perform fabrication operations such as arc welding, automatic welding, electron beam welding, hand brazing, etc\.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform manual finish welding operations
- Set up, operates and adjusts one or more N/C multi\-functional manipulators with end effectors
- Perform automatic welding operations
Candidate can and will be placed on any off shift \- including Alternate Work Week Schedule
- Technical school or equal educational background in mechanical or similar discipline
- Ability to read assembly print and knowledge of normal technical requirements i\.e\. tolerance and fit
- Welding experience
- Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
- Be available to work any off shift**
Top Candidates will also possess:
- Ability to perform simple computer operations
- Awareness of Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain \(5S\), Total Productive Maintenance \(TPM\), safety, and quality
- Must be able to pass welder qualification requirements during the Caterpillar provided training by a Certified Welding Educator, Certified Welding Inspector, or approved personnel
- This is a full time position with benefits
- Position is located in Decatur, IL\. No relocation package is available
- Candidates may be placed on any shift \- 2nd, or 3rd and Alternate Work Week \- as business needs dictate**
+ Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U\.S\. which can be found through our employment website atwww\.caterpillar\.com/careers
Please ensure you frequently check the e\-mail account you provided on your application, including the jun/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process
Job Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Primary Location United States\-Illinois\-Decatur
Relocation assistance is not available for this position\.
Req ID: 190006G8