Ice Skating Instructor - Morgan Park Sports Center
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60605
POSITION: Ice Skating Instructor – P/T Hourly
REPORTS TO: Figure Skating Coordinator
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Ice Skating Instructor at the Morgan Park Sports Center. The Ice Skating Instructor is responsible for assisting and/or running beginner and intermediate skating lessons at Morgan Park Sports Center.
Include the following – other duties may be assigned.
Assist and/or lead ice skating lessons and be able to teach basic skating or hockey skills
- Monitor proper use of equipment.
- Assist in the planning and organization of the lessons.
- Provide patrons with the proper techniques needed to succeed in the development of their ice skating skills.
Provide a safe and fun environment that promotes enjoying the sport for exercise and fun.
Position requires ability to:
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Ensuring and following safety measures and regulations.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ice skating skills and general fitness experience.
Applicant should have previous ice skating instructor experience. He or she should be able to teach fundamental skating and hockey skills to children ranging in ages 3-18 years old as well as adults. Applicant would have to be available week day evenings and weekends.
Please click on the following link to apply:
Only candidates that apply through our online system will be considered. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact: 312-235-7148
Recruiter: Liz Saah
SMG – Soldier Field
1410 S. Museum Campus Drive
Chicago, IL 60605