IT Network Support Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60007
TC Transcontinental is Canada’s largest printer, with operations in print and digital media, publishing and flexible packaging, TC Transcontinental’s mission is to create products and services that allow businesses to attract, reach and retain their target customers.
Respect, teamwork, performance and innovation are strong values held by the Corporation and its commitment to all stakeholders is to pursue its business and philanthropic activities in a responsible manner.
Join our team!
We are seeking a motivated employee to join our IT Department at our printing facility in Calgary. We offer competitive starting wages with regular increases, group insurance package, pension plan, in-house training, onsite cafeteria, free onsite gym, free parking and our location is close to public transit.
• Assist in providing the most constant availability of systems and data possible
• Provide first level technical support for small systems
• Troubleshoot system problems (hardware and software)
• Collaborate with end users to design and implement SharePoint 2013
• Configure and implement small systems hardware and software
• User level network administration (setting file directory structure, access rights)
• Server level network administration (file backup, file restores, updates)
• Assist with performance monitoring and optimization of Local Area Network
• Assist with connectivity monitoring and troubleshooting
• Assist project team in developing, implementing and supporting system software
• Ensure software standards are adhered to
• Maintain computer inventory database (including warranty and service contracts)
• Prepare and maintain technical documents
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with all internal and external customers and suppliers
• Provide afterhours / weekend support of emergency calls
• Comply with safety policies and procedures
• Adhere to 5S workplace organization standards
• Perform risk evaluation to identify new threats. For example, cyber attacks, virus infections, data and server encryption
• University or Technical Diploma in Computer Science
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
• Strong verbal and written English skills
• Knowledge of helpdesk procedures
• Experience working with SharePoint 2013
• Strong small systems technical support experience
• Excellent problem resolution skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize issues
• Well organized and self-sufficient
• Experience installing, supporting and troubleshooting client desktop software
• Experience installing and administrating Windows 10 and 7
• Expert knowledge of Office 2016 Suite
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience supporting networked computers
• Extensive knowledge of systems administration (Windows server 2008/2012/2016)
• Microsoft certifications are an asset
• Experience working in a Printing environment would be considered an asset
• Ability to provide afterhours / weekend support of emergency calls
TC Transcontinental is committed to hiring on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Should you be contacted regarding an employment opportunity and require an accommodation for a disability, we will be pleased to work with you to identify how we can best support you through this process. Only applicants being selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sector: TC Transcontinental Printing
Job Status: Regular
Full Part/Time Indicator: Full-time
Job Function: Information Technology
EOE U.S. Legal Note
TC Transcontinental is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rjvg4jqvcg929h7z