Shop Tech 2 (Diesel technician)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
Job ID: 436917BR
Address Line 1: 470 East Joe Orr Rd
City: Chicago Heights
Zip Code: 60411-8565
Position Status: Full-Time
To provide timely, quality, and cost effective repair and maintenance for vehicle fleet including tractors, trailers, forklifts and other equipment that requires preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, modifications and documentation to ensure a safe and efficient fleet of vehicles.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Performs preventative and routine maintenance on tractors, trailers, forklifts, and other equipment (which will include the use of diagnostic equipment)
2. Diagnoses cause of malfunctions and performs repairs from preventative maintenance up to component replacements
3. Diagnoses and trouble shoots general vehicle operating systems
4. Documents work performed, prepares vehicle records and reports in writing and electronically
5. Works with other technicians or independently in performing preventative maintenance and repairs
6. Performs necessary adjustments in equipment to ensure safe and efficient operations and prepares required safety documentation
7. Performs paint and body work on vehicles, as required
8. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
9. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.