Patient Service Representative I TCP - Glenview
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Glenview, IL 60026
This position performs check-in/check-out functions at point of service areas. Greets patients and families on arrival to clinic area. This position also has accountability to Outpatient Surgical admissions, Outpatient laboratory services and Medical Imaging areas. Communicates with multiple disciplines to coordinate daily activities.
1. Completes pre-registration as well as full registration as needed for families.
2. Ensures eligibility information accurate.
3. Obtain patient/family Consents for Care, HIPPA, state & federal mandatory forms , Plain Language Summary as well as any additional forms identified and enters them into Epic.
4. Queries for MyChart and Care Everywhere, as well as utilizing the Epicecare Link functionality as appropriate.
5. Check system to see if referral is attached for visit and is appropriate for visit. If able assist familiy with referral for same same day service.
6. Inform as well as collects payments as appopriate (estimates, copays, outstanding balances, self pay etc) via CCF as well as Health Fusion where applicable.
7. Makes copies of insurance cards as appropriate.
8. Ensure families receive appropriate intake forms and instructions to complete for visit. Print labels for clinical use and documents to be scanned.
9. Provides ID Band to patients as appropriate.
10. Informs patient/families of any wait times or delays in service.
11. Schedules appointments,(new,return, same day as well as ancillary appointments) as needed.
12. May be required to enter patient information in additional electronic systems.
13. Adheres to organizational Power all principles.
14. Maintains confidentiality and HIPPA rules.
15. Completes check-out procedures; prepares required forms for distribution.
16. Communicates with other Patient Service Representative staff and department team members to coordinate activities.
17. Other job functions as assigned.
Patient Service Representatives that are scheduled in areas where ancillary testing is a part of the work flow, the below process should be included as part of the check-in process:
1. Requirement to enter and or release lab orders
2. Follow Epicare link process for orders
3. Ensures all paper orders are appropriate/ acceptable
4. Enter orders via written orders mode when presented with paper order
5. Maintain all written orders as per process for scanning
6. Contacts referring provider when appropriate
7. Enter notes in Epic regarding # of test and specific instructions
8. Follow process for Research, Drop off, Miscellaneous Orders
1. Follow process for checking in patient
2. Follow the Epice Care Link process
3. Create and/or collect patient payment estimates
4. If paper order follow Written Order process
5. Schedule appointment from the order
6. Contact referring physician when appropriate
1. Follow process for patient admission via Optime workflow
2. Collect co-payments or deductibles for outpatient surgeries
1. Answers backline and patient phone lines (department specific), handles according to needs of caller
2. Creates Recalls and Waitlist notifications when appropriate
3. Completes daily No Show documentation and communicates with family to reschedule
4. Documents and sends patient messages to providers via Epic in-basket
5. Other job functions as assigned
1. High school diploma required. Some college preferred.
2. Some knowledge of medical terminology, third party billing, and managed care requirements strongly
3. Some knowledge of electronic medical record.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Word applications such as Outlook and other computer skills preferred.
5. Demonstrates a high level of customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively work with pediatric
patients, families, physicians, nursing and other allied health and medical center personnel. Excellent
communication/listening skills needed.
6. Problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in fast paced environment.
7. Ability to manage stressful situations appropriately.
Requisition ID: 2019-10677
Street: 2601 Compass Rd, Suite 120