Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Romeoville, IL 60446
Chicago Tube and Iron Company is a leader in the metals distribution and fabrication industry. We are an established company with an impressive record of profitability and growth. At Chicago Tube and Iron, we like to think of ourselves as a company that is big enough to offer financial strength and stability, but yet small enough to quickly change direction when our customers’ needs require it. Our sales force and operations personnel share their expertise to come up with the best possible solutions for our customers. Want to know more? Visit us at www.chicagotube.com.
We are seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Manager at our corporate headquarters in Romeoville, IL.
The EHS Manager is responsible for supporting and implementing the Company’s environmental and safety programs to ensure a safe, healthy and incident free work environment. Must ensure overall plant regulatory compliance in all areas of environmental, health and safety requirements.
• Plans and assists with the implementation of environmental, health and safety policies and procedures in compliance with the Company’s and local, state and federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
• Creates, plans, implements and schedules programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, including new hire safety orientation
• Responsible for implementing Injury/Incident protocol and leads the investigation of all incidents
• Conducts incident investigations, compiles and reviews incident reports and evidence prior to submitting to General Manager and Plant Management to ensure complete and accurate information
• Responsible for reviewing and updating all plant safety policies and training to ensure they remain current
• Communicates effectively and appropriately with peers and superiors
• Supports implementation of all Company and plant safety initiatives.
• Chairs the company steering committee
• Maintains accurate records for all work place incidents, including communication with the insurance company and employee through all aspects of workers compensation claim
• Performs JSAs to ensure appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is utilized in the plant
• Compile data and publish weekly and monthly reports on safety metrics
• Works closely with the Quality Manager
• Team player with ability to build lasting productive business relationships with hourly associates, management, and peers
A Bachelor’s Degree in Health and Safety, Industrial Safety, or Environmental Science is preferred. A minimum of three years’ experience working with environmental compliance systems is required; EHS experience in heavy industrial/ construction industry is highly desirable. Basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, database applications and federal and state environmental regulatory reporting systems. Strong analytical, organizational and auditing skills required, as well as excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as supplemental life and disability benefits. We also offer a 401(k) Plan.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER