Lab VIEW Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rockford, IL 61106
Lab VIEW Engineer
Perform software engineering duties, design interpretation, documenting, and verification testing with simulation or aircraft components.
Definition and programming of LabVIEW based software Test Equipment. Duties include: designing, developing, installation, and debug of custom LabVIEW based Test Equipment applications for a variety of monitoring, measurement, and control systems. Systems will incorporate a variety of technologies (DAQ, machine vision, motion, FPGA & real-time control, etc.) with application in Aerospace Industry..
In performing these activities the Software Engineer will interface with Customers, External Suppliers, Program Managers, Engineering Managers, Mechanical, Electrical, and Systems Engineers, and support organizations.
Primary Job Functions:
Lab VIEW Test Engineer
· Experience in programming in Lab VIEW and C
· Experience in Data Acquisition using Lab VIEW
· Experience in protocols such as CANbus/ Arinc 825, Arinc429 and AFDX
· Experience in Matlab/Simulink
· Familiarity with High Lift or primary flight controls with a focus on test solutions
· Engineering tasks include modifying an existing development stand software. Understanding and modifying existing software code to support product. (Must be able to also guide and direct team of outsource engineers)
· Develop and maintain LabVIEW applications to operate the development systems and test for product platforms.
· Support, improve and modify existing LabVIEW applications as necessary to support company product development efforts.
· Interpret and understand control specification documents, drawings, wiring lists, and schematics.
· Utilize National Instruments data acquisition hardware, off-the-shelf test equipment, and custom developed hardware.
· Troubleshoot software and electrical control issues and suggest or implement solutions.
· Complete design documentation (BOM, engineering change requests, engineering file, layout, supplier info, user manuals, test specifications, etc.)
· Develop jigs, tools, equipment, etc., and accompanying instructions and documentation
· Create and maintain documentation, version control history, and bug tracking for all new and existing LabVIEW applications in coordination with the rest of the team
Hardware / instrumentation
· Experience in Schematic capture (cadence desirable)
· Experience in PWB/PCB Layout and Harness Design for test stands(allegro desirable)
+ Plan or conduct software code writing for aerospace systems or automotive industry.
+ Write technical reports or other documentation, such as Engineering Reports and Presentations for use by engineering staff, management, or customers.
+ Plan or coordinate activities concerned with investigating and resolving customers’ reports of technical problems with aircraft.
+ Evaluate product data or design for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, process regulations, or quality standards.
+ Interpret design criteria for aeronautical or aerospace products or systems, including testing methods, production costs, and quality standards.
+ Analyze project requests, proposals, or engineering data to determine feasibility, predictability, cost, or production time of aerospace or aeronautical products.
+ Maintain records of progress and create reports for future reference
+ Direct or coordinate activities of engineering or technical personnel involved in designing, modifying, or testing of aircraft or aerospace software.
+ Understand conceptual design of aeronautical or aerospace products or systems to meet customer requirements.
· Associates degree 9+ years comparable job experience
· Bachelor’s degree 6+ years comparable job experience
LabVIEW version 2012 or greater
NX Client for Windows 3.5.0-9
Telelogic DOORS 8.3
MATLAB 6.3 (R14SP3)
Understand for C 3.0
Knowledge & Skills:
Engineering and Technology- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various g
Auto req ID:
Total Years of Exp:
3 Education Type: