Line Lead - 1st Shift - SPT
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Waukegan, IL 60079
Performs repetitive line assembly operations to mass-produce component trays with surgical/medical products by performing the following duties. Main function is to seal breather pouch on final packs using Doboy machine.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Seal breather pouch on final packs using Doboy machine and verify integrity on seal.
- Set scale by using 3 packs from line for each lot ran to get average weight of packs and weigh each pack before sealing.
- Verify that correct inserts/Ctn labels and pouch are being used for each lot ran, assist LCC in maintaining proper line clearance.
- Check for holes in table covers and pouches. Communicate with packers on line down/new jobs.
- Fill out requisition form for shortages/scrap components when job goes line down and fill out scrap reports when components are scrapped on the production line for each lot ran.
- Maintain clean/safe work area.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Relevant Work Experience
- Previous production/manufacturing experience required.
- Must be able to read and communicate in English.
- Basic math (addition and subtraction) required.
- Ability to work well with others in order to accomplish team objectives.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours per day.
- Must have high sense of urgency.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours per day for up to 6 days a week.
- Repetitive hand movement must be made to place components in trays and to wrap the tray.
- Needs to lift totes of components. Weights vary from 5 pounds up to 25 and in some cases higher than 25 pounds.
- Work is to be done standing up.
- Must be able to work in a closed-sterile environment. Must be able to follow procedures for the clean room that may include attire and personal hygiene.