Home Health Aide - PRN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
Home Health Aide – PRN (19006781)
What You Will Do:
Performs duties essential to personal care which are givento patients in their home. Providessupport services, under the supervision of the appropriate professional staff, toassist the client or family in the achievement of physical and emotionalcomfort according to physicians’ orders. Works with patients and theircaregivers to assist them in assuming responsibilities toward self-care.
- Performs duties as assigned by the Case Manager, ClinicalSupervisor or Clinical Manager including:
- obtaining temperature, pulse, blood pressure and respiration
- maintaining a clean, safe and healthy environment
- bed, sponge, tub or shower bathing
- shampooing in sink, tub or shower
- caring for nails and skin
- oral hygiene
- assisting with toileting and elimination
- Applies safety principles and proper body mechanics to theperformance of specific techniques of personal and supportive care such asambulation of clients, transferring clients, assisting with the normal range ofmotion and positioning.
- Prepares and provides and/or assists with meals as assigned.
- Performs light homemaking and other environmental servicesas assigned.
- Observes, reports and documents any changes in patientstatus.
- Understands basic elements of body functioning and reportschanges in patient’s body functions as indicated.
- Recognizes emergency situations and implements appropriateemergency procedures per care center policy.
- Follows care center procedures regarding infectionprevention and control, handling of hazardous waste, and safety measures.
- Accurately documents care provided and submits notes andother required documents per care center policy.
- Attends care center provided in-service programs to fulfillrequirements of position and care center policies.
- Follows specific written instructions for personal care inaccordance with the Plan of Care.
- Assists patient with prescribed exercises as instructed pernurse or therapist.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Works as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6 ) months full-time direct, patient care experiencewithin the last five (5) years, in an institution or care center setting.
- Meets federal/state requirements for this position. Per CMSregulations, a qualified home health aide is a person who has successfullycompleted:
- (i) A training and competency evaluation program that meetsCMS requirements 484.80 (b) and © respectively; or
- (ii) A competency evaluation program that meets therequirements of 484.80 ©; or
- (iii) A nurse aide training and competency evaluationprogram approved by the state as meeting the requirements of
- 483.151 through
- 483.154 and is currently listed in good standing on the state nurse aideregistry; or
- (iv) The requirements of a state licensure program thatmeets the provisions of CMS 484.80 (b) and 484.80 ©.
- Upon hire, HHAs will have received at least 75-hours oftraining, the content of which addresses all subjects listed at 484.80(b)(3). 484.80(b)(3) Ahome health aide training program must address each of the following subjectareas:
- (i) Communicationskills, including the ability to read, write, and verbally report clinicalinformation to patients, representatives, and caregivers, as well as to otherHHA staff.
- (ii) Observation,reporting, and documentation of patient status and the care or servicefurnished.
- (iii) Reading andrecording temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- (iv) Basicinfection prevention and control procedures.
- (v) Basic elementsof body functioning and changes in body function that must be reported to anaide’s supervisor.
- (vi) Maintenance ofa clean, safe, and healthy environment.
- (vii) Recognizingemergencies and the knowledge of instituting emergency procedures and theirapplication.
- (viii) Thephysical, emotional, and developmental needs of and ways to work with thepopulations served by the HHA, including the need for respect for the patient,his or her privacy, and his or her property.
- (ix) Appropriate and safe techniques in performing personalhygiene and grooming tasks that include-(A) Bed bath; (B) Sponge, tub, andshower bath; © Hair shampooing in sink, tub, and bed;(D) Nail and skin care;(E) Oral hygiene; (F) Toileting and elimination;
- (x) Safe transfer techniques and ambulation;
- (xi) Normal range of motion and positioning;
- (xii) Adequate nutrition and fluid intake;
- (xiii) Recognizing and reporting changes in skin condition;and
- (xiv) Any other task that the HHA may choose to have an aideperform as permitted under state law.
- Has not had a consecutive 24-month lapse in furnishingservices for compensation; if so, the individual must complete another trainingand competency program before providing services.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current state certification (or registration) as a nurseassistant (and as per state certification/ registration requirements).
- Minimum of one (1) year full-time direct, patient careexperience within the last five (5) years, in an institution or agency setting.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.