Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60641
Under general supervision, but in conformance with established policies and procedures. Provides a variety of customer service functions, such as processing savings accounts, checking accounts, and loan transactions; cashing checks, selling accommodation checks, and travelers’ checks; processing mail, maintaining account records, and so forth. Is responsible for providing a high quality of customer service, cross-selling bank services, and balancing his/her work activities and totals daily.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Represents the bank to customers in a courteous and professional manner, and provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
2. Receives checks, and cash for deposits in savings and checking accounts, verifies deposit amounts, examines checks for endorsement and negotiability, and enters transactions into the passbook and bank records via an on-line tellers terminal.
3. Cashes checks and pays money from savings and checking accounts upon verification of signatures and customer account balances. Inspects all checks, bonds, money orders, savings withdrawal, and so forth to determine their negotiability.
4. Receives payment for mortgage, passbook, and other loans, ensuring that payments equal the amount due and all late charges, if applicable, are collected. Enters payments received into the bank’s records via on-line terminal.
5. Process utility bills, sell travelers checks and government savings bonds, and accept coupons for redemption.
6. Cross–sell bank services such as safe deposit boxes, Traveler’s Checks, the Total Service ATM System, and the Total Service Connection Phone System.
7. Receives, lifts, and processes loose change.
8. Performs all related duties as assigned.
1. Environment is generally good, with little discomfort from noise, heat, dust, or other factors.
2. Un-predicable hours, sometimes long, to balance the daily work because of unusually heavy customer traffic or computer malfunction/failure.
3. Required to stand for extended periods when providing customer services.
4. Exposed to a potentially hazardous condition, i.e. robbery. Receives detailed instructions and procedures to be followed to minimize the risk.